Post by bbqzzzzz » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:28 am

I was suffering for a few days just to make my store work.
After upgrading from 2.3.x to 3.3.2
I cannot log in to the front end or back end.
And I got false inside my SQL oc_session.
I can't even change my front end language and currency.

I even get an fresh install (backup and delete anything in the root file and my SQL in the Cpanel.) and it did not work.
Can anyone please help?

Post by straightlight » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:34 am

This topic has now been moved to the OpenCart 3.0 Support > Installation, Upgrade, & Config Support section of the forum.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by AnnieSteward » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:09 am

Did you mean an upgrade to OP 3.0.3.2? As you can see how many of similar topics in this section of the forum, upgrading to opencart 3.x is considered an unnecessary step into the future. If everything works fine on your 2.3, don't bother following the trend unless it's the last you can do to save your business.
But if you want to upgrade your store at all costs, you can learn from LitExtension in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2WC8JyAJVs&t=9s. In fact, they would even be your no.1 economical solution.

Post by bbqzzzzz » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:26 am

AnnieSteward wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:09 am
Did you mean an upgrade to OP 3.0.3.2? As you can see how many of similar topics in this section of the forum, upgrading to opencart 3.x is considered an unnecessary step into the future. If everything works fine on your 2.3, don't bother following the trend unless it's the last you can do to save your business.
But if you want to upgrade your store at all costs, you can learn from LitExtension in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2WC8JyAJVs&t=9s. In fact, they would even be your no.1 economical solution.
yes, 3.0.3.2(also try 3.0.3.3)
And now I can't even make my 2.3 backup work :-[

Post by OSWorX » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:35 pm

bbqzzzzz wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:26 am
AnnieSteward wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:09 am
yes, 3.0.3.2(also try 3.0.3.3)
And now I can't even make my 2.3 backup work :-[
As AnnieSteward already wrote: absolutely no need to update/upgrade from a working 2.3.0.2 to a higher 3.x version!
2.3.0.2 ist still the best optionof all.

Now you have the problem you can't go back to your previous version 2.3.x (which exactly ?!)?
You have made a backup BEFORE the update?
Or not?

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by straightlight » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:28 pm

The pre-release version of OC v3.x is quite flexible now: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=218204 .

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON