Post by straightlight » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:17 am

Greetings,

The day has finally arrived. I would like to thank all the people who have posted their bug-fixes solutions, including on Github Opencart issues and on the pull requests tab. Today, we're now proud to announce these two features pre-release, ZIP and TAR files, for store owners who were waiting a long time for a more flexible OC v3.x releases which now includes portions of the features the master branch have. Well, OC v3.0.3.4 has now been pre-released and can be downloaded from this location: https://www.github.com/opencart/opencart/releases.

- opencart-3.0.3.4-features-pre.zip
- opencart-3.0.3.4-features-pre.tar

Should you notice additional bug from the features, only about the master branch integration features, and not by any 3rd party extensions? Please visit the following topic for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=201&t=218471&p=790560#p790560 .

As opposed to the core version, this topic will remain unlock for positive feedback based on what forum users may provide as suggestions regarding feature integrations.

Thank you.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester


Legendary Member
Online

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by OSWorX » Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:56 pm

straightlight wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:17 am
The day has finally arrived.
...
Today, we're now proud to announce these two features pre-release ..
Just 4 the records: what's the difference between the "core" and "feature" packages?
And what for are 2 packages released?

Custom Development | Individuelle Entwicklung | Support & Bugfixes

Image Image Image


User avatar
Guru Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:52 pm
Location - Austria

Post by straightlight » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:15 pm

OSWorX wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:56 pm
straightlight wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:17 am
The day has finally arrived.
...
Today, we're now proud to announce these two features pre-release ..
Just 4 the records: what's the difference between the "core" and "feature" packages?
And what for are 2 packages released?
Daniel's requirements to put features from the master branch on a features ZIP / TAR as opposed to the core release not using any features (such as download reports with the exception of the currency fixer since previous OC versions used to have a currency exchange service but no longer working with Yahoo).

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester


Legendary Member
Online

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by OSWorX » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:31 pm

straightlight wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:15 pm
OSWorX wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:56 pm
straightlight wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:17 am
The day has finally arrived.
...
Today, we're now proud to announce these two features pre-release ..
Just 4 the records: what's the difference between the "core" and "feature" packages?
And what for are 2 packages released?
Daniel's requirements to put features from the master branch on a features ZIP / TAR as opposed to the core release not using any features (such as download reports with the exception of the currency fixer since previous OC versions used to have a currency exchange service but no longer working with Yahoo).
Okay - thx.
And which of the 2 packages should be used now - (ONLY for test purposes because pre-release!)?

Custom Development | Individuelle Entwicklung | Support & Bugfixes

Image Image Image


User avatar
Guru Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:52 pm
Location - Austria

Post by straightlight » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:33 pm

OSWorX wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:31 pm
straightlight wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:15 pm
OSWorX wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:56 pm


Just 4 the records: what's the difference between the "core" and "feature" packages?
And what for are 2 packages released?
Daniel's requirements to put features from the master branch on a features ZIP / TAR as opposed to the core release not using any features (such as download reports with the exception of the currency fixer since previous OC versions used to have a currency exchange service but no longer working with Yahoo).
Okay - thx.
And which of the 2 packages should be used now - (ONLY for test purposes because pre-release!)?
One or both, totally up to the store owners based on a store they might want to use with or without features. However, if a bug is reported from the core, and not reported yet, both packages will be updated accordingly.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester


Legendary Member
Online

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by OSWorX » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:26 pm

straightlight wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:15 pm
Daniel's requirements to put features ..
And what Daniel or you call a feature?
It is still not clear what the difference is!

Custom Development | Individuelle Entwicklung | Support & Bugfixes

Image Image Image


User avatar
Guru Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:52 pm
Location - Austria

Post by straightlight » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:49 pm

OSWorX wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:26 pm
straightlight wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:15 pm
Daniel's requirements to put features ..
It is still not clear what the difference is!
The differences have been explained on my previous post!

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester


Legendary Member
Online

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by JNeuhoff » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:29 pm

@straightlight: Question: Will OpenCart 3.0.3.4 include Paypal support, including all of your fixes? If not, where is it now? We wrote up some fixes for Paypal Express to resolve conflicts of address mis-matches between OpenCart and Paypal, e.g. some of Paypal's UK counties differ from those of OpenCart, and are optional in Paypal, but not on OpenCart.

Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Rich Snippets * Google Tag Manager * Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Survey Plus


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:38 am


Post by straightlight » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:29 pm

JNeuhoff wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:29 pm
@straightlight: Question: Will OpenCart 3.0.3.4 include Paypal support, including all of your fixes? If not, where is it now? We wrote up some fixes for Paypal Express to resolve conflicts of address mis-matches between OpenCart and Paypal, e.g. some of Paypal's UK counties differ from those of OpenCart, and are optional in Paypal, but not on OpenCart.
Please see this topic about deprecated extensions from the core: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=217596

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester


Legendary Member
Online

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests