Post by WavMixer » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:50 am

OC 2.0.3.2 using default theme. https://shop.keyboardconcepts.com/
I have set up filters for products and they were all working fine. I also set the sub-menu color, product name, header links and add to cart button from the default blue to red to match the color theme of the site. This has been working for years until a couple of days ago when I removed the gray outline around the product image and thumbnails. I posted a thread asking how to remove the gray borders viewtopic.php?f=182&t=218413&p=790420#p790420 and @DigitCart provided me with the information on how to do this. I followed his direction and once I cleared the cache, the gray boxes were indeed gone. However I noticed that all of my filters are no longer displaying on the product pages and the some of the colors changed back from red to blue after clearing my cache. I also deleted my cache folders which may be why these unwanted changes took effect. Any ideas on how to get them back? I do have all of the filters set up within Admin > Catalog > Filters as well as Admin > Catalog > Products > Links > Filters
Last edited by WavMixer on Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post by WavMixer » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:41 pm

FYI, I did not want it to seem like I'm throwing @DigitCart under the bus. I'm actually extremely grateful for his assistance! ;D

Post by zedrally » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:29 pm

why not Restore from a known good point?

Post by paulfeakins » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:50 pm

It sounds like you're not really an experienced developer so you could pay a developer such as ourselves or post a job in the Commercial Support Forum.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by WavMixer » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:10 pm

zedrally wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:29 pm
why not Restore from a known good point?
This store is just opening up after being closed for 3 months due to the COVID-19 and I have been adding and removing many products before noticing that the filters were not showing. If I were to restore from prior to the cache refresh, I would lose hours of time that I would prefer not to lose. Also the main site is a WordPress site that also has many hours of work and the person that maintains that would also lose many hours and not be very happy. I may end up having to back up the site as is now, restore from a known good point and compare to the present.

Post by WavMixer » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:18 pm

paulfeakins wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:50 pm
It sounds like you're not really an experienced developer so you could pay a developer such as ourselves or post a job in the Commercial Support Forum.
Developer, no. I have been using Opencart for several years after converting over from Zencart. I switched to OpenCart because it seems much more secure than Zencart and there are a plethora of modules available for OC that do not require me to develop my own custom modules. I was hoping that there might be a known issue with the filters ceasing to work after clearing the cache. As far as hiring someone to help, I have done this in the past as a last resort, but that does not allow me to learn and gain experience.

Post by WavMixer » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:21 pm

I restored my CSS file only and the colors came back to the red as it was before, of coarse the gray boxes came back so I added the line of code
.thumbnails .thumbnail {
border-width: 0;
}

The gray boxes are gone and the red links and buttons are staying. However the filters are still not working. Other than clearing the cache, editing the style.css file was the only change made. Anyone that may wish to offer advise as to what the problem might be will be greatly appreciated.

Post by cyclops12 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:07 am

The filters (refine search) are visible in categories (although dont seem to filter properly)
Filters dont show in product pages in default

Expert Member

Post by WavMixer » Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:26 pm

Filters3.jpg

Filters3.jpg (211.2 KiB) Viewed 854 times

Filters2.jpg

Filters2.jpg (131.32 KiB) Viewed 854 times

Filters1.jpg

Filters1.jpg (122.19 KiB) Viewed 854 times

cyclops12 wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:07 am
The filters (refine search) are visible in categories (although dont seem to filter properly)
Filters dont show in product pages in default
I only have the filters set up for the pre-owned pianos. I had configured the pre-owned pianos with filters for Manufacturers, Finish, Locations, Categories and Condition, see Filters1.jpg. I also set up the filters for each of the used pianos, see Filters2.jpg. These filters used to show up on the left of side of the product page under My Account Edit Account etc, see Filters3.jpg

The only other thing I have changed was that all pre-owned pianos were originally in the Admin > Pre-Owned Pianos and I have since made sub-directories Admin > Pre-Owned Pianos > Pre-Owned Grand Pianos and Admin > Pre-Owned Pianos > Pre-Owned Upright Pianos. Perhaps this is what is cousing the filters to not show up?

Post by by mona » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:14 pm

FYI, I did not want it to seem like I'm throwing @DigitCart under the bus. I'm actually extremely grateful for his assistance! ;D
you didn’t - his suggestion has absolutely nothing to do with filters appearing or not appearing.
css COULD hide your filters .. but certainly not by changing the border-width to 0

Thank you for the screenshots
Have you added the filers to the layout (checked they are assigned to the layouts?)

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by WavMixer » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:36 pm

I have resolved my filters issue. I had originally set them up in the used pianos directory. I later added sub-directories used pianos > upright and used pianos > grand. This is why I was not seeing the filters in the sub-directories.