Post by thisandthat » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:09 am

Hi, Im hoping someone can offer some guidance. My opencart store was working a dream until I received emails from Braintree ( powered by PayPal) that the servers were out of date or something to that affect. After speaking with them I bought a new extension 'Braintree Payment Gateway' I went to add the API info and discovered I could no longer access this. I was told by Clear Thinking and also by Paypal that they no longer issued API - Paypal told me Opencart could sort it. Clear thinking told me to apply for a merchant account direct with Braintree. I tried opencart first, they said they couldn't help so I applied for a new Braintree account. They told me last week it was approved, but I still cant access API - They keep passing me to PayPal powered by Braintree, who pass me back to Braintree who pass me back to PayPal - Basically this has been happening for a month. The customer service at Braintree has been appalling when I can get through on the phone and via email they just pass the buck.
So... are there other options other than Braintree? My customer base is UK and Europe and my products have quite a few options so I need a full shopping cart rather than just a button click to PayPal. I wouldn't normally ask on a forum but my stress level is just ridiculous, im so frustrated by this I feel like just sacking the whole thing off, Im hoping there is someone out there who would be willing to offer any suggestions on Payment options.

Post by paulfeakins » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:10 pm

Why do you want to use Braintree?

There are plenty of other gateways, Stripe being just one example ...

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by Simon-TP » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:44 pm

If you are considering an alternative payment gateway feel free to get in touch. We are UK based, competitively priced, offer seamless checkout and a comprehensive CRM for transaction reporting, tokenisation, Virtual Terminal and PayByLink.

Payment Processing (Ecommerce / Virtual Terminal / Pay By Link / Card Machines)
Process payments from as low as 0.4%. Next Day Settlement in most cases.
No Setup Fees when quoting OpenCart Forum.
DM or email simon.lowe@totalprocessing.com to contact me
:)

Location - United Kingdom

Post by Johnathan » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:56 pm

Sorry for all your trouble with Braintree. I'm not sure what's going on over there these days, but you're not the only one I've heard from with experiences like this. Usually signing up for a Braintree "Direct" account will give you API access, but since I don't work for Braintree or PayPal I can't say for sure. You should be able to sign up for that type of account here:

https://signups.braintreepayments.com

If you want to switch to another payment processor, then I have extensions for these ones as well:

• Stripe Payment Gateway
• QuickBooks Payment Gateway

If you purchased my extension within the last 30 days, let me know and I can try to work out a switch to one of those if you decide to switch. You can contact me here about that:

www.getclearthinking.com/contact

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by wackymole » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:40 am

I use the default Braintree extension with 3.0.2.0. I am trying to remember, but I think I had to update on of the braintree files to a new API version last year.
Found the file on github.