Post by supremeSEO » Tue May 19, 2020 9:26 pm

I want to set up 2 completely different stores under the same domain. domain.com/store1 & domain.com/store2. I want them to be completely different. Different admin, different products, different layouts, all different.

I set up one store and it works great. I copied that folder to store2 and updated config and admin/config and changed all instances of store1 to store2 in those. I copied my database to a new database name and updated config and admin/config to note the new database.

It lets me login to /store1 still no problem front and admin.

/store2 lets me login admin but on store front (domain.com/store2) the main frontend page is just blank.

Not sure where I have gone wrong and why store2/ is blank front page. All directory pages are also blank. It is as if it is not recognizing the index.php file.

Also, should I update my storage folder to a different directory or is it cool to have both store 1 and store 2 going to same storage folder? If I need to update it what is the best way? Should I just create a new storage directory (storage2) and then update the config files to point to it?

Many thanks and much appreciation in advance.

Post by xxvirusxx » Tue May 19, 2020 9:44 pm

supremeSEO wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 9:26 pm
1. /store2 lets me login admin but on store front (domain.com/store2) the main frontend page is just blank.

2. Also, should I update my storage folder to a different directory or is it cool to have both store 1 and store 2 going to same storage folder? If I need to update it
1. Maybe wrong config
2. yes, you should use 2 storage

Upgrade Service | OC 2.3.0.2 PHP 8 | My Custom OC 3.0.3.8 | Buy me a beer

Expert Member

Location - România

Post by supremeSEO » Tue May 19, 2020 10:27 pm

I made a clone of site 1 then changes all references in both config.php and admin/cong.php from site1 to site2 then swapped out the cloned config files with the new updated config files, so I am pretty sure it is not the wrong config unless there is something more I need to do or am missing.

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:31 pm

supremeSEO wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:27 pm
I made a clone of site 1 then changes all references in both config.php and admin/cong.php from site1 to site2 then swapped out the cloned config files with the new updated config files, so I am pretty sure it is not the wrong config unless there is something more I need to do or am missing.
You'd need to show someone your config.php files. It sounds like maybe you haven't properly updated the HTTP and HTTPS URLs in one of them.

Opencart Hosting Plans, Domain Registration, Microsoft and Google Email and More
Visit our website for great deals and most importantly, fast and friendly support - www.evolvewebhost.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA

Post by letxobnav » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:36 am

using/not-using htaccess?
virtual hosts?
you need to share more of your environment or its a speculation game.

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan