Post by jrr » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:54 am

straightlight had recommended using 3.0.3.4 pulled from github in place of upgrading to 3.0.3.3. I'm having trouble with the June 25th iteration though. Not getting the labels showing in Admin for most of the fields.
I did try the 3.0.3.4-features-pre, which is dated June 21st, and it installed just fine.
I have no idea what the difference is between features-per and core-pre, but it does appear that something is wrong with the June 25th version. Let's see if I can load a screen shot now:
Hope that is clear enough.
And here is the admin screen for features-pre dated June 21st, everything else is set the same for for both fresh installs (database, passwords, etc. - I'm lazy during tests).

Attachments

OpenCart 3_0_3_4_core-pre.png

Core-pre (Jun 25th) missing labels. - OpenCart 3_0_3_4_core-pre.png (110.07 KiB) Viewed 877 times

Opencart3_0_3_4-features-pre.png

Features-pre (June 21) labels present. - Opencart3_0_3_4-features-pre.png (160.67 KiB) Viewed 877 times

Last edited by jrr on Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

jrr

Post by jrr » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:29 pm

I will try those suggestions tomorrow (Thursday - it's Wed 10:30PM here - yawn...) and report back.
Thank you!

jrr

Post by letxobnav » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:15 pm

Just follow the normal releases, that thrown together pre-release is not ready.

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by ADD Creative » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:55 am

Best to avoid the 3.0.3.4 Pre-release versions and stick to the normal releases. Although there are some bug fixes, including some minor security ones, there will be many changes the will affect its usability.

From what I've seen so far.
There are three different downloads offered. Core, featured and a GitHub source version (which is the one that will be installed if you use an automated system, such as composer). Who knows which will made the final release.

At least three common and important issues are still not addressed. No cache control, session table bloat and duplicate products at checkout

Although it's suggested that it would be safe to update from 3.0.3.x. In reality too much has changed that are not actually bug fixes.
A PATCH version is when a fix is added, it should be considered safe to update patch versions e.g 1.2.3.4 to 1.2.3.5
Any theme that has changes to some basic twig templates, such as product, category or account, are not going to be compatible.
The renaming of some of the model methods could cause issue with some extensions.
Renaming of language keys, for no reason, will affect language packs and some themes.

The features version has the unfinished and untested SameSite cookie changes from the master branch that don't fix anything and just add issues, such as preventing the PayPal Commerce payment module from being set up.

There also seems to be at least one minor stored XSS vulnerability added.

There is probably a few other issues as well.
Last edited by ADD Creative on Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by jrr » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:57 am

Ah, but I like to KNOW how things work. It's the techie in me.

So as long as people are willing to answer my questions I'll play with this version.

And I do appreciate the sentiment, but (for a bit of history) I used another osCommerce program for about ten years (oscMax) and enjoyed poking around some of the guts, trying to fix the odd thing I found irritating enough to bother with. Got to know that system pretty well as a result. OpenCart looks like a bit of fun to learn, and it appears to be under constant development so I think it will be my new shop shopping cart to replace oscMax.

jrr

Post by jrr » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:08 am

Yes, those changes fixed the problems I was having with not displaying titles.
A quick additional question - I did not see you or anyone else address this comment in the other thread on 3.0.3.4-pre:
ADD Creative wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:11 pm
Missing Twig from composer.json. You need to correct that and then do a "composer update" to clean up the system/storage/vendor folder.
thanks!

jrr

Post by xxvirusxx » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:55 am

jrr wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:08 am
I did not see you or anyone else address this comment in the other thread on 3.0.3.4-pre:
You mean Pre Release Features?
viewtopic.php?f=201&t=218471

Upgrade Service | OC 2.3.0.2 PHP 8 | My Custom OC 3.0.3.8 | Buy me a beer

Expert Member

Location - România

Post by jrr » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:21 am

xxvirusxx wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:55 am
jrr wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:08 am
I did not see you or anyone else address this comment in the other thread on 3.0.3.4-pre:
You mean Pre Release Features?
viewtopic.php?f=201&t=218471
Thanks, I hadn't seen that!

jrr