Post by eddierosenthal » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:08 pm

I have two versions of opencart, Version 2.3.0.2 and Version 3.0.3.6. I'd like to transfer the data from the old version to the newer one.
a. is this feasible? when trying to backup and restore i received first a json parse error and secondly the tables are different.
so i think i answered my own question there.
b. Is there a way to transfer data via export and import , or is there another approach ?

Location - Corvallis, OR

Post by JNeuhoff » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:34 pm

I think it should be possible to do with the Export/Import tool, though the worksheet formats will be slightly different, see our FAQ page on this.

Also make sure to use a fixed system/modification.xml from https://github.com/opencart/opencart/bl ... cation.xml

Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Rich Snippets * Google Tag Manager * Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Survey Plus

Expert Member

Post by cedcommerceteam » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:38 pm

eddierosenthal wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:08 pm
I have two versions of opencart, Version 2.3.0.2 and Version 3.0.3.6. I'd like to transfer the data from the old version to the newer one.
a. is this feasible? when trying to backup and restore i received first a json parse error and secondly the tables are different.
so i think i answered my own question there.
b. Is there a way to transfer data via export and import , or is there another approach ?
Hello,

Hope you are doing well.

We can do this for you if you want, please let us discuss it in person.

Thanks!!!

Call us at : (+91) -8765210318 , Skype: live:carlmorgan.cedcommerce , Email: support@cedcommerce.com
CedCommerece : Officail Opencart Partners
CedCommerce Official : www.cedcommerce.com
Opencart Services : www.cedcommerce/opencart-services.com
Sell On various Marketplace Integration : Opencart-Extensions
Magenative Mobile App/IOS Development : magenative.com

Post by eddierosenthal » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:53 pm

thanks, the transfer of the data was done thru another service.
be well, be safe.
e

Location - Corvallis, OR