Post by trueliar » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:29 pm

Implement recaptcha in the marketplace comments (or a comments moderation feature).
--
There's often spam in the comments in the marketplace.
I'm quite sure since I get those spam comments almost daily under all my addons.

I already notified the opencart's support and suggested to use recaptcha or a similar solution to avoid the problem.

The spammers are still pestering the comments area.
Last edited by trueliar on Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post by Johnathan » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:55 pm

Yes, there's a prolific spammer in the marketplace right now. They're banning the accounts and removing the comments, but seem unable to find a way to ban the person altogether. Hopefully they'll get that sorted, otherwise this could become a huge issue further down the road.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by JNeuhoff » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:07 pm

Johnathan wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:55 pm
Yes, there's a prolific spammer in the marketplace right now. They're banning the accounts and removing the comments, but seem unable to find a way to ban the person altogether. Hopefully they'll get that sorted, otherwise this could become a huge issue further down the road.
We just became victims in our comments sections on this, too. And when we tried to warn another marketplace vendor about this spammer, because his software was illegally sold by the spammer, our own OpenCart account got suspended, triggered by a certain keyword. So for the time being, we are unable to sell our extensions through the OpenCart marketplace.

I really hope that OpenCart will sort this out!

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by Naheed » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:35 pm

Yes, it would be best if the Opencart uses re-captcha or a similar solution to avoid this problem. Finding and baning a person is not that simple, so it would be better to use re-captcha, etc. to avoid spammers.

Post by JNeuhoff » Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:50 am

Several months later, and this issue still hasn't been resolved on the OC marketplace comments section, see this forum thread. The spammer changes his user name almost on a daily basis, and when adding a comment, there is no anti-spambot protection whatsoever!

Also, what I don't understand, the spammer also sells a lot of stolen OpenCart extensions, why do extension authors don't care?

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by trueliar » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:30 am

I confirm that after an year the spammers are still pestering the marketplace comments area. I receive tons of notification emails regarding those spam comments even if they get removed (automatically?).
I'm a bit frustrated of receiving all that garbage.

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:49 pm

Yes, it can be frustrating. The sad story is that loads of OpenCart extension authors are affected by it, because this spammer sells their stolen software, but these OpenCart extension authors don't seem to care!

Guru Member

Post by DigitCart » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:06 am

Hi
It seems they added a moderation system to the marketplace review section.
Today someone asked for help by writing a review on one of my extension pages, I replied his review, But my reply is not approved yet.

My Extensions