Post by buburuzza » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:35 pm

I receive this error when trying to upgrade. I mention I just tried to access the admin panel when it took me straight to this upgrade page and when I hit upgrade it guves this error. I mention I do not know SQL. This is for a client. I searched on Google and I couldn't find no answer for this issue

Error Code(0): Error: Can't DROP INDEX `PRIMARY`; check that it exists
Error No: 1091
ALTER TABLE `oc_category` DROP PRIMARY KEY, ADD PRIMARY KEY(`category_id`, `parent_id`) in /home3/r80971daic/public_html/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 40

Post by IP_CAM » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:27 pm

Well, you did not mention anything about the OC Version used, and what you're trying to upgrade to,
but if you're not familiar with OC at all, you better get professional support on such.
Ernie
https://www.google.com/search?q=Error+N ... encart.com

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by buburuzza » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:38 pm

Opencart is latest version. It was just installed yesterday after being downloaded from the official website. 3.0.3 I believe

Post by IP_CAM » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:59 pm

Well, then, next time, at least publish your postings in the correct Forum.
And better talk figures and facts, OC 3.3.x exists in multiple Subversions
already, and Upgrades usually don't work anyway. So, just install a clean
Version, one, that's already proven to work in full, and if you have an older
Version Database, get it upgraded by one of the Professionals, or you
won't get anywhere.
Good Luck!

5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by Cue4cheap » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:42 am

buburuzza wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:38 pm
Opencart is latest version. It was just installed yesterday after being downloaded from the official website. 3.0.3 I believe

The latest version is tough to know what version if you do not know ... .the latest "production" is 3.0.3.6.
Also what is Very important is the current OC version. PLUS upgrading OC is NOT an lay persons activity. You MUST know Opencart and be ready to fix any bugs that are introduced from the upgrade.

So that is a long winded way of saying you REALLY should hire someone to perform this upgrade AND REALLY consider WHY you are upgrading.

Mike

cue4cheap not cheap quality

Expert Member

Post by buburuzza » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:20 pm

Anybody here knows what he's talking about? Can you actually HELP people?
Does anyone know anything about that error? This is unbelivable, is this the opencart support forum, right? You're a bunch of amateurs... I will not use opencart in the future.. there is no support whatsoever
Error NO. 1091 Has anybody ever heard of this?

Post by letxobnav » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:33 pm

No sorry, 1091 is part of the post-graduate level, amateur classes only cover up to 1085.

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by khnaz35 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:50 pm

letxobnav wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:33 pm
No sorry, 1091 is part of the post-graduate level, amateur classes only cover up to 1085.
Ha ha ha a :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Urgent Questions shoot here: khnaz35@gmail.com
Enjoy nature ;) :) :-*

Location - Malaysia

Post by khnaz35 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:52 pm

buburuzza wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:35 pm
I receive this error when trying to upgrade. I mention I just tried to access the admin panel when it took me straight to this upgrade page and when I hit upgrade it guves this error. I mention I do not know SQL. This is for a client. I searched on Google and I couldn't find no answer for this issue

ALTER TABLE `oc_category` DROP PRIMARY KEY, ADD PRIMARY KEY(`category_id`, `parent_id`) in /home3/r80971daic/public_html/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 40
First at all what is the version you are trying to upgrade?
Second what is the reason of upgrade?
Third do you have existing database?

Location - Malaysia

Post by khnaz35 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:56 pm

buburuzza wrote:

Have a look here https://dba.stackexchange.com/questions ... ql-upgrade maybe it will tell you what to do with 1091

Location - Malaysia

Post by paulfeakins » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:51 pm

letxobnav wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:33 pm
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by paulfeakins » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:53 pm

buburuzza wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:20 pm
This is unbelivable, is this the opencart support forum, right? You're a bunch of amateurs...
About 20 years ago when I was young and stupid I got frustrated with a certain version of Linux and started having a go at the developers on IRC. Let's just say it didn't help me get the support I wanted :laugh:

Really you're trying to do something that requires a developer so you could pay a developer such as ourselves or post a job in the Commercial Support Forum.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by ADD Creative » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:05 pm

buburuzza wrote:

It's a database error. The upgrade script is trying to remove an index key named 'PRIMARY' from the oc_category table of your database. For whatever reason your database was not able to do it. Could be a corrupt database among other things. I would first check the oc_category table in phpMyAdmin or similar and check the Indexes in the Structure tab.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by khnaz35 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:03 pm

ADD Creative wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:05 pm
It's a database error. The upgrade script is trying to remove an index key named 'PRIMARY' from the oc_category table of your database. For whatever reason your database was not able to do it. Could be a corrupt database among other things. I would first check the oc_category table in phpMyAdmin or similar and check the Indexes in the Structure tab.
Try to repair the database from your hosting control panel too

Location - Malaysia

Post by cyclops12 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:34 pm

buburuzza wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:20 pm
Anybody here knows what he's talking about? Can you actually HELP people?
Does anyone know anything about that error? This is unbelivable, is this the opencart support forum, right? You're a bunch of amateurs... I will not use opencart in the future.. there is no support whatsoever
And you say this is for a client which means your probably getting paid
So I wouldn’t moan at people trying to help you for free!!!!!

Expert Member

Post by IP_CAM » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:24 pm

Well, it must be a frustrating experience, after expecting, to finally have found a
free software heaven, to then still be confronted with real Earth Reality. :choke: :laugh:
Good to have this function, in order to avoid, beeing confronted with such again ... ;)
download/file.php?mode=view&id=39547

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by buburuzza » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:44 pm

I sorted it out. You can close the thread.
Some people here don't understand what a support forum is. What is your purpose here? Just don't spam my posts if you're unable to offer support.

Post by khnaz35 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:56 pm

buburuzza wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:44 pm
I sorted it out. You can close the thread.
That's a good news indeed buburuzza!
Kindly add the word [SOLVED] into the beginning of post title.

Location - Malaysia