Post by hassni » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:49 pm

How to generate popular comparison , I want to show popular comparison list below the product . How can i do that.
i found the module in marketplace its not safe seller and won't take any risk . Please guide how can i do that manually .
Here is the module link
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... pare%20url

Best Regards

Post by kestas » Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:15 pm

hassni wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:49 pm
How to generate popular comparison , I want to show popular comparison list below the product . How can i do that.
i found the module in marketplace its not safe seller and won't take any risk . Please guide how can i do that manually .
Here is the module link
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... pare%20url

Best Regards
Where you got that info it is not safe???

Custom OpenCart modules and solutions. You can write PM with additional questions... Extensions you can find here

Post by letxobnav » Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:29 pm

It says SmartTech, I don't know about you but I find that highly suspicious :laugh:

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by kestas » Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:40 pm

letxobnav wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:29 pm
It says SmartTech, I don't know about you but I find that highly suspicious :laugh:
Very interesting :) Where from that info? If I want to say that something is unsafe, it needs to be proven. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY EVIDENCE, THIS IS SLANDEROUS INFORMATION!!!

Custom OpenCart modules and solutions. You can write PM with additional questions... Extensions you can find here

Post by hassni » Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:00 pm

Sorry, someone misguided me

Post by hassni » Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:30 pm

Please guide me how can i do that. If any make the changes in the code please help me .

Post by letxobnav » Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:46 pm

They just copied the normal compare controller and view, have it take some product ids as input and made that as an extension you can call via index.php?route=extension/module/compare_url&products=40,42 and let you email that link to somebody.
You can do the same or payup $32.
I have no clue why you would email that stuff to anybody or care to receive such.

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by hassni » Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:53 pm

letxobnav wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:46 pm
They just copied the normal compare controller and view, have it take some product ids as input and made that as an extension you can call via index.php?route=extension/module/compare_url&products=40,42 and let you email that link to somebody.
You can do the same or payup $32.
I have no clue why you would email that stuff to anybody or care to receive such.

Dear letxobnav
Due to seo , controller doesn't display the complete url . Its displayed only website /product_compare.
I need comparison below the product detail page , we have to add the comparison module. its shows the related product comparison .

Post by letxobnav » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:12 pm

that has nothing to do with seo and everything with the fact that their demo does not work.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by kestas » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:10 pm

letxobnav wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:12 pm
that has nothing to do with seo and everything with the fact that their demo does not work.
Which demo does not work? This one? http://agnetgroup.com/demo/oc2.3/admin/ ... ompare_url
If you talking about that extension (https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... Smartechas), seems you do not understand something. If you need the help you can just ask for that, but if you just want to slander something, it’s just disrespectful...
Sad when the people do not understand programming and trying to explain something... :laugh:

If you want to say about something else, you must be very clear...

Post by paulfeakins » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:42 pm

hassni wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:00 pm
No they didn't, you're just being a cheap ass.

There are plenty extensions that do what you want so buy one.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by kestas » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:01 pm

paulfeakins wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:42 pm
hassni wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:00 pm
No they didn't, you're just being a cheap ass.

There are plenty extensions that do what you want so buy one.
Please be more clear which one extension. Because in this case, you are unjustifiably slandering other programmers. ??? :o

Post by sw!tch » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:23 am

hassni wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:49 pm
Please guide how can i do that manually .
hassni wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:30 pm
Please guide me how can i do that. If any make the changes in the code please help me .

Sounds like you are trying to get something for free.

This thread is ridiculous. Buy something off the marketplace or pay a developer if you want a similar feature customized per your needs.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Send a PM for Custom Work.
Backup and learn how to recover before you make any changes!

Post by letxobnav » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:35 am

Which demo does not work? This one? http://agnetgroup.com/demo/oc2.3/admin/ ... ompare_url
Correction, it does actually work, the module just adds the product ids to the session and redirects to the normal compare page and does the mailing stuff.
you can do that yourself in 5 min (excluding the admin side/email part).

@kestas
Assuming you are secretly affiliated with this stuff, I am not slandering that extension, the developers do that all by themselves by asking $32 for it.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by hassni » Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:30 pm

letxobnav wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:35 am
Correction, it does actually work, the module just adds the product ids to the session and redirects to the normal compare page and does the mailing stuff.
you can do that yourself in 5 min (excluding the admin side/email part).

@kestas
Assuming you are secretly affiliated with this stuff, I am not slandering that extension, the developers do that all by themselves by asking $32 for it.
I won't to send the email , i want the comparison url which saved in the cookies and place the url below the product detail page .