Post by neuron » Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:49 pm

Hello,
I am new to Opencart, trying to implement website that sells caravans and recreational vehicles.
The problem is this products has manufacturer->series->subseries. I can't figure out where to add series?
do I need Extension/plugin solutions for it? is there one?

I am also comfortable with programming, however I have limited time so solution with less time would be preferable.

Thanks in advance

Post by thekrotek » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:06 pm

Series and subseries are categories.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by paulfeakins » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:24 pm

neuron wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:49 pm
The problem is this products has manufacturer->series->subseries. I can't figure out where to add series?
You're not really being very clear about what you need but I've guessed at what I think you want and I suggest you make manufacturers as top level categories.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by neuron » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:35 pm

thekrotek wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:06 pm
Series and subseries are categories.
Thank you! It seems @thekrotek's solution works for me

Post by neuron » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:41 pm

paulfeakins wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:24 pm
neuron wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:49 pm
You're not really being very clear about what you need but I've guessed at what I think you want and I suggest you make manufacturers as top level categories.
Hi Paul, I just asked if you have a shop which sells cars, where you sell several car brands, and each brand has a series and subseries. How would you add those cars. Obviously there is a Manufacturers for car brands, but how about series and subseries of the car?
However, maybe adding manufacturers as a category also makes sense in terms of hierarchy.
Example website: https://www.cars.com/for-sale/searchres ... e&zc=06510