Post by seasonsdelight » Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:52 am

Good evening all,

Hoping someone can help. I'm a total newbie and have got opencart installed by using the preferred A2 hosting option from the OC site .

My issue is when I try create a folder or upload a new image in the image manager I have to log on and off before I can see what I've uploaded to use it. It's the same issue for new directories or images

Really hope someone can help

Much appreciated

Rob
Last edited by seasonsdelight on Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by letxobnav » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:10 pm

use browser developer tools, under network turn "disable cache" on and again do what you did and see if that helps (while keeping the developer tools open).

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by khnaz35 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:15 am

Hi Rob,
Since you didn't mentioned your OC version cant really say where is the problem.

But this seems to be cache issue which is happening in recent OC 3.x versions

Urgent Questions shoot here: khnaz35@gmail.com
Enjoy nature ;) :) :-*

Location - Malaysia

Post by seasonsdelight » Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:47 pm

Sorry I forgot to mention the OC version it's the latest version 3.0.6

I've just done a complete fresh install as luckily I've not setup the store yet. Sadly the issue persists .. I've asked A2 hosting but they say it's an OC issue.

Sorry but I'm new to this so a bit lost now as to what else to try. I could use an older version of OC I guess and see what happens?

Post by khnaz35 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:56 pm

Hi Rob,
Try this
in system/framework.php
Replace this:

Code: Select all

// Response
$response = new Response();
$response->addHeader('Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8');
$response->setCompression($config->get('config_compression'));
$registry->set('response', $response);
With this:

Code: Select all

// Response
$response = new Response();
$response->addHeader('Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8');
$response->addHeader('Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0');
$response->addHeader('Pragma: no-cache');
$response->setCompression($config->get('config_compression'));
$registry->set('response', $response);
Then refresh the modification and theme cache

Location - Malaysia

Post by seasonsdelight » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:21 pm

Wow thank you so much. That worked a treat khnaz

You guys are geniuses I swear. That's taken 2 days of pain and you sorted in seconds!! 😀😀

Post by khnaz35 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:24 pm

seasonsdelight wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:21 pm

You guys are geniuses I swear. That's taken 2 days of pain and you sorted in seconds!! 😀😀
You are welcome , glad could help :)
If your issue is resolved then add the word [SOLVED] in beginning of your post title.

Location - Malaysia

Post by by mona » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:33 pm

seasonsdelight wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:21 pm

Yes I thought it was awesome when letxobnav posted it ..
viewtopic.php?f=202&t=212972

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by khnaz35 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:41 pm

by mona wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:33 pm
It is still indeed :)

Location - Malaysia

Post by by mona » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:07 pm

khnaz35 wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:41 pm
by mona wrote:
As such, in the spirt of open source you should credit the work of others.

Passing off work and knowledge of others as your own is highly unethical and would appear to be an attempt to give the appearance that your are knowledgable in areas you are not in order to gain trust and get payment.

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

Expert Member

Post by khnaz35 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:12 pm

by mona wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:07 pm
khnaz35 wrote:
by mona wrote:

Passing off work and knowledge of others as your own is highly unethical and would appear to be an attempt to give the appearance that your are knowledgable in areas you are not in order to gain trust and get payment.
I didn't claim it to be my work i just provided what i have use for my own work too

Location - Malaysia

Post by ADD Creative » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:43 pm

by mona wrote:
khnaz35 wrote:
by mona wrote:

That's harsh, as it can be hard to find the original author of a fix that has been posted many times by different people. The original issue with that fix was raised here. viewtopic.php?f=201&t=207498#p737430 There is also a GitHub issue, raised almost two years ago now and it's still not been fixed in any release. https://github.com/opencart/opencart/issues/7008

The same issue has been mentioned before that with different suggested solutions.

One other thing I would suggest is added the Expires header as well. There were reports of some servers setting a future date by default, setting the Expires header should clear this. It also makes the output the same as the PHP default when sessions are started. viewtopic.php?f=202&t=206449#p786660
viewtopic.php?f=202&t=206449#p786660

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by by mona » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:57 pm

ADD Creative wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:43 pm
by mona wrote:
khnaz35 wrote:

That's harsh, as it can be hard to find the original author of a fix that has been posted many times by different people. The original issue with that fix was raised here. viewtopic.php?f=201&t=207498#p737430 There is also a GitHub issue, raised almost two years ago now and it's still not been fixed in any release. https://github.com/opencart/opencart/issues/7008

The same issue has been mentioned before that with different suggested solutions.

One other thing I would suggest is added the Expires header as well. There were reports of some servers setting a future date by default, setting the Expires header should clear this. It also makes the output the same as the PHP default when sessions are started. viewtopic.php?f=202&t=206449#p786660
viewtopic.php?f=202&t=206449#p786660
In this case it is not harsh, it is becoming a common occurrence in this case and it is being used and abused to gain trust and payment. That is my objection.

DISCLAIMER:

Expert Member

Post by khnaz35 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:01 pm

ADD creative,
Some people here too insecure about their knowledge and rice bowl.
So instead helping others and giving hands they need to object so for me the best option is to add such people into foe list and ignore for good.
So don't have to be upset or justify these narrow mind people.

Cheers mate.

Location - Malaysia

Post by by mona » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:18 pm

khnaz35 wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:01 pm
ADD creative,
Some people here too insecure about their knowledge and rice bowl.
So instead helping others and giving hands they need to object so for me the best option is to add such people into foe list and ignore for good.
So don't have to be upset or justify these narrow mind people.

Cheers mate.
This is not the point either.
I do not take money from this forum and not active on the commercial forum.

I am helping others .. the users on the forum .. I am just asking nicely to not try to increase your “rice bowl” quite so unethically.
I am also giving a helping hand to the others who do have the knowledge and expertise in these areas.

Ironically, if anything, I am asking for you to consider helping others and and offer a helping hand.

It is not personal

DISCLAIMER:

Expert Member

Post by ADD Creative » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:21 pm

by mona wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:57 pm
In this case it is not harsh, it is becoming a common occurrence in this case and it is being used and abused to gain trust and payment. That is my objection.
It was harsh that you criticised one person while praising someone else who had just done the exact same thing. You should of checked the facts if the matter before making a comment. As you have found it can be hard to find the original author of a fix that has been posted many times by different people.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by by mona » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:28 pm

ADD Creative wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:21 pm
by mona wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:57 pm
It was harsh that you criticised one person while praising someone else who had just done the exact same thing. You should of checked the facts if the matter before making a comment. As you have found it can be hard to find the original author of a fix that has been posted many times by different people.
It is not about the copy and paste of a post without credit, it was a general observation of a repeated tactic. My original post was intensionally subtle.

I am all for everyone getting something for their efforts, I am sure that his experience can be of great value as is everyone elses. He has a pleasant demeanor (most of the time) it is nice and refreshing. Maybe I should have added that in my original post.

DISCLAIMER:

Expert Member

Post by khnaz35 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:56 pm

Just on note this is a OC Forum, where every one try to help each other mostly on topic which is open and need attention required.
As ADD Creative said and we all know this is OC and it is Open source code sometime it is easy as a regular user to post the solution immediately where the newbies are cracking their heads.
by mona wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:18 pm
Ironically, if anything, I am asking for you to consider helping others and and offer a helping hand.
Ironically helping what exactly you are trying to help here on this post? The issue was already solved and yet you came in putting your nose without anything to help.
NO BODY GIVES YOU COPYRIGHT JOB HERE.

you are just try to behave like a child who is always unhappy and complaining around.
I tried to ignore you many time but this is becoming too much. i will post the thread soon where you also was too insecure and come in when no body asked your opinion or suggestion

if you talk about help or need to understand the meaning of help look at the people here like IP_CAM, Striaghtlight, XXVIRUSXX, ADD Creative, letxobnav etc
for instance look at IP_CAM he has more than 2.6k Repositories on github, look at XXVIRUSXX github condor2 he has maintain OC 2.3.0.2 with the latest PHP version. I never see those people going and doing childish comments
Oh this is already posted by this and that why not did like this etc.

MY ADVICE MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS IF YOU WANT TO HELP SOMEONE JUST DO THAT DON'T HAVE TO PUT NOSE EVERYWHERE!!
It is not personal
Well now it is!!!

Location - Malaysia