Post by ri2k » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:27 pm

by mona wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:11 pm
Go into Extension => Modifications => log tab
click the red button to clear
then click the top blue refresh

and this should work

If this does not work you can manually go into your storage folder and delete the product.twig file and then the top blur refresh to force a refresh
Do you mean completely delete the product.twig file? Should I keep backup? Just noticed that changes I'm making through stylesheet.css isn't changing anything either.

Post by khnaz35 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:52 pm

Did the solution worked for you?

Urgent Questions shoot here: khnaz35@gmail.com
Enjoy nature ;) :) :-*

Location - Malaysia

Post by ri2k » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:14 pm

khnaz35 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:52 pm
Did the solution worked for you?
Not sure which one you are referring to, but it hasn't been resolved so far.

Post by by mona » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:57 pm

The red CLEAR button in the log is not working?

If this does not work you can manually go into your storage folder and delete the product.twig file and then the top blur refresh to force a refresh - where that is I can not know - remember that pop up window when you first installed ?

If you have forgotten you can check in your config.php file where that is
STORAGE_FOLDER/modifications/catalog/view/etc
( and always keep a backup, I suggest NOT in the storage folder)

I have no issue with the stylesheet.
There is a possibility that your server is caching - or that in frustration you forgot about refresh dashboard (which you can turn off for development) or browser caching - which is common for a stylesheet.

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by by mona » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:50 pm

paulfeakins wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:39 pm
Did you clear all the caches?
https://www.antropy.co.uk/blog/how-to-c ... t-3-0-2-0/
If you check yourself on OC 3.0.3.6 there is a problem, he is correct.
The refresh in modifications is not working correctly. He needs to delete the twig file first.

I can manually clear them via the log CLEAR button (or manually manually via the modifications folder)

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

Expert Member

Post by ri2k » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:35 am

by mona wrote:
Go into Extension => Modifications => log tab
click the red button to clear
then click the top blue refresh

and this should work

If this does not work you can manually go into your storage folder and delete the product.twig file and then the top blur refresh to force a refresh
Hi, which file are you suggesting exactly? I just deleted the - storage/modification/catalog/view/theme/default/template/product/product.twig file, then refreshed the modifications and Theme cache, but still no effect.

Post by by mona » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:50 am

There is a problem with OC3.0.3.6 and it is very annoying
Yes that is the correct file to delete

My best honest advice is not to use that or either of the last two (3.0.3.5 and 3.0.3.6) - if you are at the beginning - I would reinstall.

That said, I have a testing version.
I have no issue to update twig using either of the two methods above.

I do not know exactly what you are making the assumption (correctly maybe) that it is not updating. Maybe if you are expecting to see css changes and your browser is caching? Maybe you have not changed the right file? Maybe you are making the changing using the theme editor? Maybe you are using an OCMOD edit and another edit and they are conflicting .. Maybe you have caching on your server .. in other words there are other factors ..

Make a simple test. on the catalog/view/theme/default/template/product/product.twig (not the storage version) make an edit you can see (just add a class to something)
Then go to extensions => modifications => the log tab => clear
you will be returned to the main screen click the top right button

Go to your browser and right click tools and see if the change is there (or post site and we can check) you can PM it if you like.

DISCLAIMER:

Expert Member

Post by ri2k » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:57 am

by mona wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:50 am
There is a problem with OC3.0.3.6 and it is very annoying
Yes that is the correct file to delete

My best honest advice is not to use that or either of the last two (3.0.3.5 and 3.0.3.6) - if you are at the beginning - I would reinstall.

That said, I have a testing version.
I have no issue to update twig using either of the two methods above.

I do not know exactly what you are making the assumption (correctly maybe) that it is not updating. Maybe if you are expecting to see css changes and your browser is caching? Maybe you have not changed the right file? Maybe you are making the changing using the theme editor? Maybe you are using an OCMOD edit and another edit and they are conflicting .. Maybe you have caching on your server .. in other words there are other factors ..

Make a simple test. on the catalog/view/theme/default/template/product/product.twig (not the storage version) make an edit you can see (just add a class to something)
Then go to extensions => modifications => the log tab => clear
you will be returned to the main screen click the top right button

Go to your browser and right click tools and see if the change is there (or post site and we can check) you can PM it if you like.

Well, I didn't have any problem before with product.twig or the stylesheet.css files before. It's stopped updating very recently, possibly since my last few extension installations.

Like that new extension I installed from cartbinder called New Tab On Product Pages, the developer asked me to use a fix. And I installed a few more extensions after that. So, I am not sure if it's a mod that's causing this.

Post by letxobnav » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:11 am

your theme table is empty?

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by jrr » Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:41 am

by mona wrote:
Is there any reason to not erase the contents of the /Storage/cache folder in an effort to clear the caches? Would it not be rebuilt on the next series of searches?

jrr

Post by by mona » Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:57 am

jrr wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:41 am
by mona wrote:
Is there any reason to not erase the contents of the /Storage/cache folder in an effort to clear the caches? Would it not be rebuilt on the next series of searches?
To answer your question - not really - it will bring up an error because it can’t find it - but that should clear as it creates it - so there is no real reason not to

however - that will not solve the OPs issue - ( or rather the issue with OCMOD )

DISCLAIMER:

Expert Member