Post by Thor_SilverSpool » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:50 am

Community,
this sitemap stuff is slowly driving me mad.

I'm using the vanilla google sitemap module.
1) If I call the URL from my FF, I get the XML file back.
2) If I call the URL from the google search console > Sitemap could not be read ???
3) I added a fwrite to the php code to get a 'sitemap.xml' - testing in google seach console > Sitemap processed successfully
4) I added the sitemap to my cron job > bad idea, errors all over the place :choke:

Anyone has a nice work-a-round to make a google sitemap using cron with output to the root folder as single.php file?
Last edited by Thor_SilverSpool on Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Thor_SilverSpool » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:02 pm

Sometimes, you can't see the right tree, when standing in the woods....

Code: Select all

curl --request GET https://<your shop url>/index.php?route=extension/feed/google_sitemap > /<full path to your root folder>/sitemap.xml
Example cron entry:

Code: Select all

curl --request GET https://sample_shop.com/index.php?route=extension/feed/google_sitemap > /www/sample_shop.com/sitemap.xml

Post by khnaz35 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:55 pm

Thor_SilverSpool wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:50 am
Community,
this sitemap stuff is slowly driving me mad.

I'm using the vanilla google sitemap module.
1) If I call the URL from my FF, I get the XML file back.
2) If I call the URL from the google search console > Sitemap could not be read ???
3) I added a fwrite to the php code to get a 'sitemap.xml' - testing in google seach console > Sitemap processed successfully
4) I added the sitemap to my cron job > bad idea, errors all over the place :choke:

Anyone has a nice work-a-round to make a google sitemap using cron with output to the root folder as single.php file?
What exactly?

Urgent Questions shoot here: khnaz35@gmail.com
Enjoy nature ;) :) :-*

Location - Malaysia

Post by Thor_SilverSpool » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:05 am

khnaz35 wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:55 pm
Thor_SilverSpool wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:50 am
What exactly?
The sitemap call itself always returns no result to the google checker - you need to save the sitemap to be able to consum it via google or bing.