Post by J_Thomas » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:33 am

I added a few lines of code to /catalog/model/catalog/product.php so it can search attributes and I get a 500 error. I change it back to the original and the 500 error goes away. Is there something I'm missing? I'm not new to PHP, but I am new to opencart.

Thanks for your help on this thread,

Scott
Ps. Please don't PM me and tell me you want to sell me something or to search google for the answer. This is why there is a forum...

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:44 am

Well, the first step in a Internal Server 500 scenario would be look up the entries of your server's error.log, for the exact time you had these errors. Ask you webhost for the log entries. They will have more details about the nature of the error.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by IP_CAM » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:27 am

This is why there is a forum...
Sure, but a User Forum only functions, if one shares details, such as an OC Version,
a Theme, and Mods used, if one really expects a useful reply. But I'm sure, you will learn,
and also find out, that this place only 'handles' matter, related to 'standard' OC Code,
but if one screws around in unknown waters, with unknown to others Changes, one just
cannot expect others, to be of free assistance, it's as easy as that.
Sorry for the bad News, you seemengly just seem to expect too much, for free ... ;)
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by letxobnav » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:20 am

I change it back to the original and the 500 error goes away. Is there something I'm missing?
no, that is generally how it works.

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by paulfeakins » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:51 pm

partsace wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:33 am
I added a few lines of code
You could at least tell us what they are :crazy:

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by straightlight » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:28 pm

Error / server access logs.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON