Post by damon9 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:12 am

Hi all,

I'm currently working on a new store, using OpenCart 3.0.3.2, we do have a lot of products, which we are going to dropship.
We are not selling ALL of their products, we have chosen an amount which will fit our website.
However, we are struggling to find a way to keep our stock in the right amount, without using my whole day checking the wholesale website.

They provide a stock list in CSV format, which is a list of their whole assortment.
This list contains EAN, SKU and qty and is updated regularly.

Is there any way or plug-in you might recommend which can help us with keeping our stock up-to-date?
We don't need to import or export any product information , it's only about the stock qty.
I've seen some plug-ins, but don't want to spend (a lot) of money on something I'm not sure if it will work.
I'm mostly worried about the fact we are not selling ALL of their items.

We are okay with uploading the CSV file ourselves, it does not have to be completely automated.
Hopefully anyone has some recommendations.
Thank you!

Post by wrick0 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:39 pm

I just import the csv into a mysql database, next i have a cron running that loops through the products and grabs the correct stock quantity from the database and updates this for the product into the quantity field

Location - 127.0.0.1 @ The Netherlands