Post by alikhan99 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:15 pm

[SOLVED]
Version 3.0.3.6

Hello friends,
My store is local i.e. I want to sell within my country only. Is there a way that my store do not work in other countries ... it should redirect to a different page where is says the store is not available in your country or least disable the purchase.
Already tried disable countries in dashboard, it didn't work
Last edited by alikhan99 on Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by paulfeakins » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:51 pm

If you can't find an extension, you could pay a developer such as ourselves or post a job in the Commercial Support Forum.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by thekrotek » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:38 pm

Disabling countries DOES help, because customers from other countries won't be able to select a country for their address. This is more than enough.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by straightlight » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:24 pm

thekrotek wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:38 pm
Disabling countries DOES help, because customers from other countries won't be able to select a country for their address. This is more than enough.
What the OP means by doesn't work, is when disabling countries with default installation, the countries will not be shown in the dropdown list but no error message will be displayed to the customers either nor will they be redirected.

Extensions from Johnathan do provide these types of restrictions and offered on the Marketplace over payments and shipping extensions. I would suggest to look on the Marketplace:

- https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... on_id=4536
- https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... ion_id=161
- https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... on_id=6941
- https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=22070

Also, there's this free solution I have posted recently for checkout restrictions with geographic settings to help customers to understand deeper due to the COVID-19 situation: viewtopic.php?f=202&t=220373#p801723 .

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by thekrotek » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:17 pm

straightlight wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:24 pm
What the OP means by doesn't work, is when disabling countries with default installation, the countries will not be shown in the dropdown list but no error message will be displayed to the customers either nor will they be redirected.
My point was that no additional functionalities/extensions are required. When customer sees that his country isn't listed, he won't purchase anything. Redirecting or doing anything else in this case is just pointless.

Expert Member

Post by straightlight » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:27 pm

thekrotek wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:17 pm
straightlight wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:24 pm
My point was that no additional functionalities/extensions are required. When customer sees that his country isn't listed, he won't purchase anything. Redirecting or doing anything else in this case is just pointless.
If anything else would be pointless regarding geographical restrictions, no shipping providers would bother to notify their world-wide users about the restricted zones the goods can't be delivered into due to the situations we're all facing. Which is why, the OP is looking to inform customers while a restriction is imposed as opposed to remove the country from a dropdown list without notifications.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by thekrotek » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:39 pm

straightlight wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:27 pm
If anything else would be pointless regarding geographical restrictions, no shipping providers would bother to notify their world-wide users about the restricted zones the goods can't be delivered into due to the situations we're all facing.
Put a notification in header like everybody else does and that's it, problem solved. No additional functionality or extensions is required.

Expert Member

Post by straightlight » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:41 pm

thekrotek wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:39 pm
straightlight wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:27 pm
If anything else would be pointless regarding geographical restrictions, no shipping providers would bother to notify their world-wide users about the restricted zones the goods can't be delivered into due to the situations we're all facing.
Put a notification in header like everybody else does and that's it, problem solved. No additional functionality or extensions is required.
While this solution is still a valid one, it does not typically provides restricted areas where customers cannot get their goods delivered. Setting an announcement on the site header will only inform the users in general but won't inform them based on the restricted regions where the products can't be delivered to. If no extensions were required, none from Johnathan on the Marketplace would be published either but we know that ain't the case due to the high demand there used to be in the past in order to make those extensions happened on the Marketplace.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by thekrotek » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:06 pm

straightlight wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:41 pm
While this solution is still a valid one, it does not typically provides restricted areas where customers cannot get their goods delivered.
alikhan99 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:15 pm
I want to sell within my country only
I think this pretty much sums it.

Expert Member

Post by straightlight » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:11 pm

thekrotek wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:06 pm
straightlight wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:41 pm
While this solution is still a valid one, it does not typically provides restricted areas where customers cannot get their goods delivered.
alikhan99 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:15 pm
I want to sell within my country only
I think this pretty much sums it.
That's right. Which is why, I referred the four link extensions on the above so that customers can be informed prior to reach the checkout page with notifications rather than choosing one country from the billing information form whereas the shipping information form might differ and customers may not be able to differ during checkout without notifications.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by thekrotek » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:20 pm

straightlight wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:11 pm
That's right. Which is why, I referred the four link extensions on the above so that customers can be informed prior to reach the checkout page with notifications rather than choosing one country from the billing information form whereas the shipping information form might differ and customers may not be able to differ during checkout without notifications.
Links you provided lead to extensions, which are unnecessary and too expensive for this case. Like I said, all OP need is simple notice in the header, not any complex extension with tons of options and such.

Expert Member

Post by straightlight » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:27 pm

thekrotek wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:20 pm
straightlight wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:11 pm
Links you provided lead to extensions, which are unnecessary and too expensive for this case. Like I said, all OP need is simple notice in the header, not any complex extension with tons of options and such.
Expansive is only an opinion where one might not need it while others might need those extensions. Especially at this time, customers do need to be informed, either from the cart page, or from the checkout page that restrictions may be implied via geographical areas regardless on how many countries are involved.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by thekrotek » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:35 pm

straightlight wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:27 pm
Expansive is only an opinion where one might not need it while others might need those extensions. Especially at this time, customers do need to be informed, either from the cart page, or from the checkout page that restrictions may be implied via geographical areas regardless on how many countries are involved.
Like I said, it is more than enough to put a notice in the header, which will inform every customer, that shipping is only for locals. Solution you insist on is excessive and unnecessary, no matter how hard you try to feed it. It's just not. Sorry.

Expert Member

Post by straightlight » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:07 pm

thekrotek wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:35 pm
straightlight wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:27 pm
Like I said, it is more than enough to put a notice in the header, which will inform every customer, that shipping is only for locals. Solution you insist on is excessive and unnecessary, no matter how hard you try to feed it. It's just not. Sorry.
Have it your way. It's not the fact that it's local only. Besides, it's not local - it's national when it comes country-wide. Customers still have the right to ship their products to other locations as per the checkout options already delivers out-of-the-box unless being restricted with notifications prior to reach any payment / shipping service providers and you know it.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by khnaz35 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:35 pm

How about if you just block your site to all countries except your homeland ???
If you have access to your WHM you can use Mod_Security like this
https://bobcares.com/blog/block-country ... rity-rule/

Urgent Questions shoot here: khnaz35@gmail.com
Enjoy nature ;) :) :-*

Location - Malaysia

Post by thekrotek » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:45 pm

khnaz35 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:35 pm
How about if you just block your site to all countries except your homeland ???
If you have access to your WHM you can use Mod_Security like this
https://bobcares.com/blog/block-country ... rity-rule/
While I personally don't like server side blocking, it still beats buying expensive extensions with tons of options 99% of which you will never use.

Expert Member

Post by khnaz35 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:55 pm

thekrotek wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:45 pm
While I personally don't like server side blocking.
Me too but OP has this requirement thought why not to show him an other possible way too :)

Urgent Questions shoot here: khnaz35@gmail.com
Enjoy nature ;) :) :-*

Location - Malaysia

Post by straightlight » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:44 pm

khnaz35 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:55 pm
thekrotek wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:45 pm
While I personally don't like server side blocking.
Me too but OP has this requirement thought why not to show him an other possible way too :)
It is not good practice to consecutively block false / positive activities throughout the domain since those added entries in WHM are added to a filter list where these filters can be propagated in a way that eventually affects the domains' reputation which is exactly what invaders might be looking for especially at these hard times.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by thekrotek » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:36 am

straightlight wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:44 pm
It is not good practice to consecutively block false / positive activities throughout the domain since those added entries in WHM are added to a filter list where these filters can be propagated in a way that eventually affects the domains' reputation which is exactly what invaders might be looking for especially at these hard times.
It IS a bad practice from the customer point of view. Sorry to disappoint again.

Expert Member

Post by thekrotek » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:38 am

khnaz35 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:55 pm
OP is definitely not a tech guy, so his vision is kinda... blurred. He just came up with the idea that it should work this way, when there're better ways.

Expert Member