Post by musicweb » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:14 pm

Our server is going to be upgraded to php7 soon and was wondering how our heavily modded version 2.0.3.1 of opencart is going to run.
Thanks in advance for any input....

Post by IP_CAM » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:47 pm

You'll need to replace the system/library/encryption.php File, to make a basic OC
Software work with PHP 7, and you will sure find out, if everything else on extension still works. :D
Ernie

Most of the PHP-7 encryption.php files will work, regardless of the OC Version used:
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... earch=php7

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by musicweb » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:25 pm

Thanks....

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:07 pm

musicweb wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:14 pm
Our server is going to be upgraded to php7 soon and was wondering how our heavily modded version 2.0.3.1 of opencart is going to run.
Thanks in advance for any input....
Do you have MultiPHP Manager in your control panel? You can switch PHP versions there and test everything. You can do so without taking a backup or worrying about any damage. If the site does not work, change the PHP version back to what it was and go from there to begin updating your software as needed.

2 Week FREE Trial of our Shared Hosting plans (DIrectAdmin or cPanel) for new customers
2 Week FREE Trial of Astra Firewall and Malware Scanner
Visit our website for full details and to start your trial today - www.evolvewebhost.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA

Post by musicweb » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:59 pm

Yeah, I believe our server admin is going to do something like that. We own the server.

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:27 am

musicweb wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:59 pm
Yeah, I believe our server admin is going to do something like that. We own the server.
You should be able to do this ahead of time to test your site and make any changes before it goes permanent.

2 Week FREE Trial of our Shared Hosting plans (DIrectAdmin or cPanel) for new customers
Visit our website for full details and to start your trial today - www.evolvewebhost.com

Post by Colonial » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:57 pm

I am Opencart expert. I have read job description. So the extension is working fine with Opencart 2.3.0.2 and PHP5.6?
The only problem is when you switch to php 7?krogerfeedback
Last edited by Colonial on Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:06 pm

Colonial wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:57 pm
I am Opencart expert. I have read job description. So the extension is working fine with Opencart 2.3.0.2 and PHP5.6?
The only problem is when you switch to php 7?
I don't think he's looking to hire someone. This isn't the commercial section of the forum.

Post by mikahawkins » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:46 am

Hello,
So we have a problem with an options extension, it's called Option Combinations. The problem is the product pages can't be displayed and the options created by the extension disappear when we switch the site over to php7.We get an error 500 on the product pages and to get the products to display again you have to go to line 63 of [login to view URL] under /system/modification/catalog/model/catalog and change the line from
"$otp_option_data[] = array("
to
"$otp_option_data = array("
After this edit the products display fine, but the options created by the extension aren't being displayed. If I enable display errors it displays the same error over and over where the options should be,"PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in /usr/www/users/xucozurjmj/system/modification/catalog/view/theme/journal2/template/product/[login to view URL] on line 351"

Regards,
Mika Hawkins

Post by OSWorX » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:27 pm

mikahawkins wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:46 am
Hello,
So we have a problem with an options extension, it's called Option Combinations. The problem is the product pages can't be displayed and the options created by the extension disappear when we switch the site over to php7.We get an error 500 on the product pages and to get the products to display again you have to go to line 63 of [login to view URL] under /system/modification/catalog/model/catalog and change the line from
"$otp_option_data[] = array("
to
"$otp_option_data = array("
After this edit the products display fine, but the options created by the extension aren't being displayed. If I enable display errors it displays the same error over and over where the options should be,"PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in /usr/www/users/xucozurjmj/system/modification/catalog/view/theme/journal2/template/product/[login to view URL] on line 351"

Regards,
Mika Hawkins
The problem is the change you did.

Code: Select all

$otp_option_data[] = array(
to

$otp_option_data = array(
Instead of adding item(s) to an array, you are creating always a (new) array and assign then.
This part should look like (initialize the array first):

$otp_option_data = array();
or (short notation since php 5.3):

$otp_option_data = [];
And below it should read like this (adding item(s) to this array):

$otp_option_data[] = array(
or short notation:

$otp_option_data[] = [ .. new value .. ];

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria