Post by doandbe » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:45 pm

Hello
i am using facebook business extension to have my products on facebook, my opencart version is 2.3.0.2 journal 3.0.40
i am using a module called multi discount pack to allow me to make my discounts on categories so i can avoid to changing special price in each product.
the problem is that facebook business extension doesnt sync the discount on categories
my version of facebook business extension 2.2.1
look at example

https://www.facebook.com/commerce/produ ... e_card_cta

https://www.doandbe.gr/nees-afixeis/mpl ... a-219-1041

please let me know as soon as possible

Post by doandbe » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:39 pm

can someone give an answer please???how can i fix it?? if there is a way to fix it??

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:29 pm

You need to get in touch with the Journal3 support, and/or with the author of the facebook business extension. Journal3 is a poor-quality and non-standard framework and isn't supported by OpenCart.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by Burt65 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:48 pm

doandbe wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:39 pm
can someone give an answer please???how can i fix it?? if there is a way to fix it??
You should either contact the developer of the Opencart Module (multi discount pack) or the developer of the facebook module.. They obviously, are not talking to each other..

One of the two developer should be able to help... It has nothing to do with Journal..

BTW in the two pictures you provided above, the prices are in sync...

Over 95% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair...

Location - Oz

Post by Burt65 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:24 pm

JNeuhoff wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:29 pm
You need to get in touch with the Journal3 support, and/or with the author of the facebook business extension. Journal3 is a poor-quality and non-standard framework and isn't supported by OpenCart.
What about the "multi discount pack" extension from Opencart? Is that supported here?
What has Journal has got to do with this anyway? Care to elaborate? The OP just mentioned it as per requirement.. Why are you punishing him for doing the right thing??

Nobody is forcing you to reply to people's post in this community! The only poor quality that I can see here, comes from your constant nagging of Journal and offering no real help in your replies... If you got nothing to offer, then don't reply.
Do I need to tell you what it makes you look like, when every single post that had the word Journal in it, to which you have reply too, it just has a negative comment in it..

Give it a rest, please. I beg of you. I use Journal and Opencart and I don't mind to help if I can. Is just hard to having to read one genuine request followed by 3 or 4 unrelated post every single time the word Journal is used...

Remember, you don't have to reply to each post that has the word Journal in it, unless off course you have something to offer, as something genuinely related to the question/problem/enquiry..

Over 95% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair...

Location - Oz

Post by xxvirusxx » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:08 pm

doandbe wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:45 pm
my version of facebook business extension 2.2.1
Try the latest version..

https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=32336

or 3.0.1
https://github.com/facebookincubator/Fa ... t/releases

Upgrade Service | OC 2.3.0.2 PHP 8 | My Custom OC 3.0.3.8 | Buy me a beer

Expert Member

Location - România

Post by IP_CAM » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:35 pm

Well, in contrary to most other commercial 'OC-Extensions', the Journal Theme belongs
to the most stolen OpenCart Add-On Software around, as we all are well aware of. And that
makes a huge difference, because, if this Code is getting supported here, any commercial
Extension could/should also be supported, possibly for free. But such would not only ruin
the Motivation of Coders, to develop new paid Extensions, it would also only add to unfair
competition, and so most likely harm or even ruin the whole OC Project and Ideology.

Journal Theme created a huge amount of Income with that Theme Extension, but they
never cared about supporting Journal Users for free. Otherwise, they would have their
own OC-related User Forum, or someone would frequently be around here, to help their
Friends and Users. But Journal is also well aware of the Fact, that whole bunches of thiefs
are using their Software. So, why should they support them, just for the plain fun of it, it
would be contrary to any Business Logic.

Journal can therefore not be compared with anything else, we better should all be aware
of that. A 'final' Decision on such should have been made a long time ago, by the head of
staff, and enforced in full. From my personal point of view, it's upmost important, to have
a 'clear' political 'Position' of such, or then accept, that stolen Code is part of this Place.

Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by Burt65 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:51 pm

Hey IP_CAM
The OP has only mentioned Journal. This thread is not Journal related. You got to be careful of accusing the OP of stealing software without proof.. It could get you into trouble...

PS
Nice to see your name in green...

Location - Oz

Post by JNeuhoff » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:56 pm

The Facebook business extension makes a lot of modifications to OpenCart core files, including e.g. the system/engine/router.php and system/engine/front.php. The same is true with Journal3. This forum thread is somewhat Journal related given that the OP uses it and is trying to get another 2 extensions to work with each other and with Journal3.

In general, there should be no need for any extension to modify system engine core files and probably is a sign of poor quality software engineering

A first step in resolving potential issues is to look into the OCmod log file, to see whether it reports any clashes. Some users have reported issues with the Facebook business extension for the OpenCart checkout sequence, probably caused by the differences introduced by Journal3 which can use it's own one-page checkout. Again a matter of looking into OCmod and OC error logs for any clues.

Asking the authors of the Journal3 framework and of these other two OC extensions for support appears to be advisable. Or finding a professional developer from the OpenCart commercial support section might be another option.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by IP_CAM » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:31 am

Nice to see your name in green...
Well, to be honest, it came as a great surprise, uncommented, and suddenly,
after I was asking for allowance, to create a specific topic on an older Pre-Release
in the Release Candidate Section. And in order to avoid any nasty comments,
I figured, that's it would be better to ask for confirmation first... ::) But since HX
cannot guarantee this, they probably figured, that it would be better, if I would
eventually be able, to remove postings, 'outside' of, what only add's to Wisdom ... :laugh:

Ernie

5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by Burt65 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:23 am

You are still doing it...
JNeuhoff wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:56 pm
In general, there should be no need for any extension to modify system engine core files and probably is a sign of poor quality software engineering
You have change your words a bit but it still doesn't help...
JNeuhoff wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:56 pm
A first step in resolving potential issues is to look into the OCmod log file, to see whether it reports any clashes. Some users have reported issues with the Facebook business extension for the OpenCart checkout sequence, probably caused by the differences introduced by Journal3 which can use it's own one-page checkout. Again a matter of looking into OCmod and OC error logs for any clues.
I'm sorry but you are just speculating here as Journal has no bearing what so ever on how the multi discount pack extension and the Facebook module do exchange data to sync the displayed prices.

But now I would like to show you something that is happening and it has happened for long time now and you and few other unhappy members here mainly OSWorX because of where it posted it, are probably, guilty because of your continue and pointless nagging about Journal..

So here you can see the latest Opencart casualty (as you would probably like to call it)

https://themeforest.net/item/journal-ad ... 1/comments

Is the first comment in the page and I quote:

Now you can read DA reply there if you wish, as that's not the point of this post, but I would like to draw your attention to the arrow pointing at what the result of your free advertisement has done! You do know that bad publicity is still publicity... I mentioned this to you guys last year and after 6 months when another member here did pointed out the same thing, it was Johnathan that actually moved OSWorX post and somehow limited the continuous exposure of Opencart constantly advertising Journal in every thread. Possibly to late, but it did the right thing. OSWorX should have never posted there in the first place.. Too late now... I'm wondering now of how many people have learned of the existence of Journal just because it was mentioned here in the Announcement area!

I don't know how to make this simple concept any clear to you guys. If you don't want people to use Journal, your best choice would be to stop talking about it, unless there is a real reason, and for real reason I mean not our personal feelings on the subject..

In my humble opinion, if you guys really want to get your message across, you should start to simply ignore those posts and perhaps if the apple is really that rotten, it will show..

Oh, and while I'm here [UNSUPPORTED] and [NOT SUPPORTED] in bold made it much easy to find those posts... I guess that was the real intention because otherwise most of those post could have simply being not approved in the first place...

Cheers

Attachments

Journal.jpg

Journal.jpg (30 KiB) Viewed 3657 times

Location - Oz

Post by IP_CAM » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:30 am

Well, who cares on, what they write on some Journal Site, if someone would
care about Customers, they would most likely have their own Section on an
'official' User Forum like OC, and nobody would loose a word about it elsewhere,
it's as easy as that. But a Situation, as it exists, only raises tempers + emotions,
and such should be avoided, especially in times, where most everybody is
up-tide already, due to that nasty little virus.

But just ignoring those Posting is no solution at all, it will not solve the BASIC
Problem, + Fact, that some Fellows here just don't like to support others, possibly
playing the OC Game with 'marked' Carts. For some, it's a matter of attitude, not
to help 'Darkies', to be able to compete with honest Business-People, possibly
especially in the 'german-language-culture-regions'. We have been brought up,
that way, so, it's not our fault ... :laugh:

So, what's more importent ? To eventually loose free Supporters, tired of reading
about Journal Problems all the time, by supporting Journal-Themes and it's Users ?
Most of them won't need paid OC Extensions anyway, because Journal has so much
built-in already. But if there is nothing to win, what's the point of caring about it ?
Let them do their own Support, if they worry about their future, because of this place,
full of Enemies ... 8)

Ernie

PS. Just figured, :D ;) I have nothing to loose, in either way ...
The Latest is already waiting here :laugh:
viewtopic.php?f=202&t=220668

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by Burt65 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:19 am

IP_CAM wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:30 am
PS. Just figured, :D ;) I have nothing to loose, in either way ...
The Latest is already waiting here :laugh:
viewtopic.php?f=202&t=220668
Yes.. Quite interesting... What are you going to do about it? :laugh: Are you going to approve it?

Location - Oz

Post by JNeuhoff » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:39 pm

@Burt65: Calm down here, there is no need for a fan war here.

It's about trying to help the OP here with the given issue that two OC extensions don't appear to work in his setup which uses the Journal3 framework. And I have pointed out where to look for clues on how to narrow it down. And yes, there is a high chance of a clash between the Journal3 framework and the Facebook extension, having looked at both of these extensions. That's why it is reasonable to also get in touch with the authors of these extensions.

And there is nothing wrong about warning users about the consequences of using poor quality or non-standard compliant extensions. That doesn't mean developers can't help them, but quite often it will be via the commercial support section, or as an individual paid-for customization job.

BTW.: If you look at the recent Journal support "forum", it's a bit cheeky and arrogant for them to complain about the fact that OC extension developers don't make their extensions compatible with Journal3, especially since Journal3 is not free. It is the author of Journal who should make his framework compatible with OpenCart standards. Or they should create their own ecommerce software package. They don't even appear to have a free support forum!

Guru Member

Post by Burt65 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:29 am

@JNeuhoff: Get excited here, don't make it so boring!!!

I thought you may like this one..

Attachments

FP.jpg

FP.jpg (3.59 KiB) Viewed 3464 times

Location - Oz

Post by OSWorX » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:20 pm

A "simple" question about troubles with an Extension and a Theme which expects from other OpenCart Developers to be compatible with them:
.. some of what you read in the “official” community is coming from various extension developers whose Opencart plugins don’t work with Journal and they refuse to make them compatible. ..
[Original Quote of Posting by DA 21.10.2020]

Who they are to say that we (the developer) have to make our extensions compatible with their Theme which relies on OpenCart ?
And need OpenCart as base otherwise it would not exist in that way.

Because you Burt65 mentioned me several times, a short answer.
Correct, I have pinned it for a few days.
Reason: to highlight the issues and troubles this Theme always makes and benefit from the users here.
As well all those thieves using a stolen copy of Journal (you, DA and others can send me a Lawyer because of what I am writing now and here) seeking desperately for help - here.

I do not want to expand that useless discussion about Journal here longer.
If you Bert65 feel you have to say more, create a new thread.
There you can elaborate endless how good that Theme is.
But do not always "hijack" others threads to "praise" how good that Theme is!

To say it again - and finally:
* this here is a Forum about OpenCart
* this here is a Forum about Extensions which support OpenCart
* this here is a Forum where users may help others users using OpenCart and compatible Extensions
.. and nothing else.

thx.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by IP_CAM » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:51 pm

Calm down here, there is no need for a fan war here.
Well, to my knowledge, commercial Extensions have never been entitled to free
Forum Discussions and/or Support, and Journal is a commercial Extension.
Paid or stolen, makes no difference, it's as easy as that. But if one really cares
about, to assist his/her Journal Fellow Users, on his/her own Website, for free,
just go ahead, then, it's nobody else's Problem. Over and out ...
Ernie

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by Burt65 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:27 am

OSWorX wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:20 pm

* this here is a Forum where users may help others users using OpenCart and compatible Extensions
.. and nothing else.

thx.
So the real question is:

Why the hell you keep approving all those posts related to Journal??? You are creating the problem! If you stop approving all those post the problem would be much SMALLER if not irrelevant, as still, no one is forcing you to answer those posts!

IP_CAM mentioned this post viewtopic.php?f=202&t=220668 and I ask him if he was going to approve it.. He didn't!
As it turned out YOU DID. That is a bit of a double standard or a joke in my books...

Whinge and complain, upset other developers here and then behind their back, adding fuel to the fire.. You really are making a mess of this forum and you seem to be very good at constantly achieving the opposite sought results!
Stop blaming others for your shortcomings!!!
And more importantly, stop approving Journal related posts, if you don't want people to post here with journal related problems, or let it go and stop making a mess of the system and let the customers decide for themselves. They don't need you as a babysitter.

I'm not the one that continuously promote Journal by putting it on the spotlight, YOU ARE with you constant silly mistakes of judgement and what it seems to be a poor understanding of both forum operations (You posting Journal in Announcement) and human nature... DA will never take you to court, because you are and have been his best friends by constantly helping with the sales of Journal with your inept attitude on these forums..

He probably hates me for constantly trying to stop this free advertisement of yours..

Like IP_CAM, I don't really care how this ended up.. If you and the others, want to understand what the message here is, you can do it...

I never started a post to promote Journal but always reply to others and ask for the past 12 months, even beg to stop advertising it here. If I had Admin capabilities I can assure you that this matter would have been handled in a completely different way..

Osworx you are possibly a good developer, but like few others developers here, you stink at people skills.. I know that you think that the two are not related, but you are wrong. They are, and it often shows in your replies and in your success... But fear not, as you are not alone.. You and the other 3 or 4 developers constantly nagging Journal here, are all responsible for helping Journal becoming the success it is today.. Well done guys..

Location - Oz

Post by straightlight » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:17 am

Burt65 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:27 am
OSWorX wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:20 pm

.. and nothing else.

thx.
So the real question is:

Why the hell you keep approving all those posts related to Journal??? You are creating the problem! If you stop approving all those post the problem would be much SMALLER if not irrelevant, as still, no one is forcing you to answer those posts!

IP_CAM mentioned this post viewtopic.php?f=202&t=220668 and I ask him if he was going to approve it.. He didn't!
As it turned out YOU DID. That is a bit of a double standard or a joke in my books...

Whinge and complain, upset other developers here and then behind their back, adding fuel to the fire.. You really are making a mess of this forum and you seem to be very good at constantly achieving the opposite sought results!
Stop blaming others for your shortcomings!!!
And more importantly, stop approving Journal related posts, if you don't want people to post here with journal related problems, or let it go and stop making a mess of the system and let the customers decide for themselves. They don't need you as a babysitter.

I'm not the one that continuously promote Journal by putting it on the spotlight, YOU ARE with you constant silly mistakes of judgement and what it seems to be a poor understanding of both forum operations (You posting Journal in Announcement) and human nature... DA will never take you to court, because you are and have been his best friends by constantly helping with the sales of Journal with your inept attitude on these forums..

He probably hates me for constantly trying to stop this free advertisement of yours..

Like IP_CAM, I don't really care how this ended up.. If you and the others, want to understand what the message here is, you can do it...

I never started a post to promote Journal but always reply to others and ask for the past 12 months, even beg to stop advertising it here. If I had Admin capabilities I can assure you that this matter would have been handled in a completely different way..

Osworx you are possibly a good developer, but like few others developers here, you stink at people skills.. I know that you think that the two are not related, but you are wrong. They are, and it often shows in your replies and in your success... But fear not, as you are not alone.. You and the other 3 or 4 developers constantly nagging Journal here, are all responsible for helping Journal becoming the success it is today.. Well done guys..
@Burt65: I'll have to give, on some of the views, my two cents here. Journal postings should not be approved since it's unsupported on anyhow. In fact, all extension releases that do not represent Opencart.com's Marketplace, or not originating any of its partners or representing custom work via the Commercial Support section of the forum, should not have these postings approved originating from 3rd sources.

As for the specific user, now forum moderators for some reason, I've been addressing the issue before about this but it seem that the issue keeps on-going with his ways of replies, especially to the new forum users who should rather feel welcomed on the forum rather than reading these sociopathic replies. While the screenshots are greatly appreciated on his behalf, as much forum users are providing the feedbacks on them, his support performance should be widely reviewed.

As for the rest of the reply above, I am not getting involved though.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Burt65 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:05 am

straightlight wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:17 am
@Burt65: I'll have to give, on some of the views, my two cents here. Journal postings should not be approved since it's unsupported on anyhow. In fact, all extension releases that do not represent Opencart.com's Marketplace, or not originating any of its partners or representing custom work via the Commercial Support section of the forum, should not have these postings approved originating from 3rd sources.
100% agreed. Like I said, I have no problems if people want to post Journal related issues and other members want to take the time to answer to them, or if we decide to simply ignore the posts or to simply not approve those posts. Any of these, are logical solutions!!

But having to watch all this childish behaviour of the few approving those posts, just to make fun of the user and to badmouth another developer (right or wrong) it just got to stop! We all come here to have a bit of good time, read the latest and if possible help the others...
I joined this forum because I saw and witness people trying to help each other all the times but lately all I can see is a lot of anger, crap, dissatisfaction and a very questionable moral attitude from the same few developers. Frankly is getting boring..

Again, this is or at least it used to be a COMMUNITY forum for EVERYBODY, not a place for the few developers to constantly abuse customer's choices or ideas..

Likewise, "as for the rest of the reply above, I am not getting involved".

I know that sometimes some of our replies are not the best (we have all done this mistake including you) but the idea here is to be tolerant like in a large family. IP_CAM is a good man like OSWorx, Jneuhoff, you, Paul and every other user and developer that I had the pleasure to learn from when I first started..

Personally, my ideal way of a developer helping and working in the forum is Johnathan.
He comes in, does his moderator duty, tries to help if he can and makes good rock solid extension for the community.. Never once before, I have witness Johnathan arguing with another user about a piece of software that he didn't like. He offers his opinion without forcing it down your throat, as it should be..
That's what I call being a good and very smart developer. Thank you Johnathan, for your continuous support and excellent manners

Look at xxvirusxx reply above! Three line of text, offer his help and abused no one.

Thank you xxvirusxx for helping.. This is what this forum used to be and what it should be all about! Helping others!

I never had a problem with anybody here, users, moderators, developers or Daniel for that matter, and I'm not starting now. All I'm asking is to stop this nonsense..

I hope common sense will prevail..

Location - Oz