Post by khnaz35 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:02 pm

Well to be honest the users don't have very much issues with using journal because they don't see it as a developer they know if they need to adjust or set most of the things are do able from the admin and and they can play as much as they want.

Yes i understand as developer it is quite hectic to make changes on journal site because the code might be coming from different place. But does user (business owner) care about it ??? What they want to see is they have a good looking website and the rest everything they leave on developer to take care, like speed, image optimisation part etc etc.

I have been around for a while and can see every journal post is a toxic topic and ever first reply will be go ask the journal support it is not that journal doesn't reply to there user they do reply on there comments sections. Same as it is done here in forum and if something need to be fixed from there side then you have to use paid support same like commercial support.

One thing which most of fellow don't understand or don't want to be agree is that Journal (DA) is a business and they don't want to offer services for free.When a question asked from business they have to reply it and to do so they need people and resources which cost MONEY. Where-else OC forum is different this project and source code is free and people here on forum who want to help others with their free time or come here for fun time.

So guys please stop making a big fuss about journal and do what we love to do we don't have to push the users to journal all the time if we can help then please do so if not just simply ignore it. We didn't sworn to anybody when we login to this forum that we must reply every post.

I have seen many time user complaining that journal doesn't sell there work on this marketplace i agree they don't and they don't have to which is way as a developer it give you guys chance to take the project as customisations of code because it is not available on this market and need more time to fix the issues.

Any job been posted in commercial post section is minimum would cost at least 20-30 bucks where else if someone want to have journal issue to be fixed it is just 40$ for six months.

P.S: Benign agree or disagree is every individual choice.

Urgent Questions shoot here: khnaz35@gmail.com
Enjoy nature ;) :) :-*

Location - Malaysia

Post by straightlight » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:18 pm

Well to be honest the users don't have very much issues with using journal because they don't see it as a developer they know if they need to adjust or set most of the things are do able from the admin and and they can play as much as they want.
Regardless, it's not our call to make on the Opencart forum - aside from the Commercial Support section or by contacting an Opencart partner from the Resources link at the top of this site since Journal already have their support team to assist their users with Journal issues on their own website, including the fact that Journal is also a licensed extension, which is why it is unsupported on the forum.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by straightlight » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:20 pm

Burt65 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:05 am
straightlight wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:17 am
@Burt65: I'll have to give, on some of the views, my two cents here. Journal postings should not be approved since it's unsupported on anyhow. In fact, all extension releases that do not represent Opencart.com's Marketplace, or not originating any of its partners or representing custom work via the Commercial Support section of the forum, should not have these postings approved originating from 3rd sources.
100% agreed. Like I said, I have no problems if people want to post Journal related issues and other members want to take the time to answer to them, or if we decide to simply ignore the posts or to simply not approve those posts. Any of these, are logical solutions!!

But having to watch all this childish behaviour of the few approving those posts, just to make fun of the user and to badmouth another developer (right or wrong) it just got to stop! We all come here to have a bit of good time, read the latest and if possible help the others...
I joined this forum because I saw and witness people trying to help each other all the times but lately all I can see is a lot of anger, crap, dissatisfaction and a very questionable moral attitude from the same few developers. Frankly is getting boring..

Again, this is or at least it used to be a COMMUNITY forum for EVERYBODY, not a place for the few developers to constantly abuse customer's choices or ideas..

Likewise, "as for the rest of the reply above, I am not getting involved".

I never had a problem with anybody here, users, moderators, developers or Daniel for that matter, and I'm not starting now. All I'm asking is to stop this nonsense..

I hope common sense will prevail..
Same here on those feedbacks.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by IP_CAM » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:51 am

It's more a matter of principle, but the Majority of Dev's visit this Place, to eventually
find/attract new Customers, or then get some knowledge. For them, 'ideological theatre'
has not much meaning, for opportunists, it's enthusiasm, what's needed, what makes
people feel good + the money flow.
---
But there are some rules, when it comes to commercial Code, and everybody is aware of
that. Regardless of, how much money one already made, by installing some Journal Themes
on Customer Sites. This Place can either only 'handle' free Code, or then paid Code as well.
---
It just has to be made clear, and valid for Everything, including whole Theme Extensions.
But that's a Decision, to be made in HX, I guess. But it's sure not OC's Job, to create a Forum
for Journal Users, Journal itself should better look, to serve their Folks online in a decent way.
---
And worse, a Majority of those, coming here, do not use a 'legal' Copy, I guarantee. And
so, it's starts to be matter of principle for some, to either be part of such a Scene, or then not.

But if a Majority does not care about such, there is nothing, what could be done about. :choke:

Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by Burt65 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:03 am

After receiving a pm from OSworX I have decided to close this thread and moved the discussion to the internal (Mod) Forum

Cheers

Over 95% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair...

Location - Oz