Post by psytanium » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:00 am

Hello,

How can I get a URL link to a page, where i can display all products under certain filter (e.g. color red) ?

Thanks

Post by paulfeakins » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:58 pm

psytanium wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:00 am
How can I get a URL link to a page, where i can display all products under certain filter (e.g. color red) ?
What filter extension are you using? Give us a link to your site and we might be able to get the link ...

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by psytanium » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:04 pm

paulfeakins wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:58 pm
psytanium wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:00 am
What filter extension are you using? Give us a link to your site and we might be able to get the link ...
Hi, thank you for your support.. this website: https://www.globymall.com

Post by JNeuhoff » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:46 am

In a normal OpenCart site you should be able to do that with OpenCart's filters, see the admin backend at Catalog > Filters where you can define your filter groups along with their filter values. Then assign them to your categories and products in the Catalog > Categories and Catalog > Products. Finally enable the Filter module at Extensions > Extensions > Modules > Filter, and assign it to your page layouts such as category or product pages via the Design > Layouts. You will now see the filter set on these frontend pages, and each set of selected filters has a unique bookmarkable URL.

Above approach works for standard-compliant web themes. You may experience problems because you are using the poor-quality non-standard compliant Journal3 framework. You may want to get a nicer and faster proper web theme.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by psytanium » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:35 pm

JNeuhoff wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:46 am
In a normal OpenCart site you should be able to do that with OpenCart's filters, see the admin backend at Catalog > Filters where you can define your filter groups along with their filter values. Then assign them to your categories and products in the Catalog > Categories and Catalog > Products. Finally enable the Filter module at Extensions > Extensions > Modules > Filter, and assign it to your page layouts such as category or product pages via the Design > Layouts. You will now see the filter set on these frontend pages, and each set of selected filters has a unique bookmarkable URL.

Above approach works for standard-compliant web themes. You may experience problems because you are using the poor-quality non-standard compliant Journal3 framework. You may want to get a nicer and faster proper web theme.
Thank you for the idea, adding the filter to the Design layout solved the issue.