Post by MichieTavern » Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:12 am

I am having the same issues with UPS. I finally got the USPS module to work, but can't seem to sort out the trouble with the UPS one. It doesn't show up at all. I am using the Journal 3 theme. I have made the modifications to the UPS.php on lines 201 and 267 as seen here:
201 if (!$this->config->get('shipping_ups_test')) {
$url = 'https://onlinetools.ups.com/ups.app/xml/Rate';
} else {
$url = 'https://wwwcie.ups.com/ups.app/xml/Rate';
}

267 if ($this->config->get('shipping_ups_' . strtolower($this->config->get('shipping_ups_origin')) . '_' . $code)) {
$quote_data[$code] = array(
'code' => 'ups.' . $code,
'title' => $service_code[$this->config->get('shipping_ups_origin')][$code],
'cost' => $this->currency->convert($cost, $currency, $this->config->get('config_currency')),
'tax_class_id' => $this->config->get('shipping_ups_tax_class_id'),

I am using OpenCart 3.0.3.6. What do I try next? I am not a coder and I am learning as I go.

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:47 pm

You may have to find a professional developer on the commercial support section of this forum because you are using a poor-quality non-standard compliant commercial 3rd party theme framework.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by Cue4cheap » Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:27 pm

MichieTavern wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:12 am
I am having the same issues with UPS. I finally got the USPS module to work, but can't seem to sort out the trouble with the UPS one.
Ok what did you do to fix USPS?
Do they both work with the default theme?

Mike

cue4cheap not cheap quality

Expert Member

Post by MichieTavern » Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:00 am

I don't believe the UPS works with the default. Honestly I am not sure how to check without uninstalling the theme. I tried disabling the USPS module to see if it would have any effect on the UPS one, but that didn't work either. Edit to add: With the USPS module disabled and the UPS enable with geo zones set to the USA , I get the error message displaying in my shopping cart that there are no shipping options available. In my error log there is this (minus account information): 2021-01-28 17:56:45 - UPS DATA SENT: <?xml version="1.0"?><AccessRequest xml:lang="en-US"> <AccessLicenseNumber></AccessLicenseNumber> <UserId></UserId> <Password></Password></AccessRequest><?xml version="1.0"?><RatingServiceSelectionRequest xml:lang="en-US"> <Request> <TransactionReference> <CustomerContext>Bare Bones Rate Request</CustomerContext> <XpciVersion>1.0001</XpciVersion> </TransactionReference> <RequestAction>Rate</RequestAction> <RequestOption>shop</RequestOption> </Request> <PickupType> <Code>01</Code> </PickupType> <Shipment> <Shipper> <Address> <City>Charlottesville</City> <StateProvinceCode>VA</StateProvinceCode> <CountryCode>US</CountryCode> <PostalCode>22902</PostalCode> </Address> </Shipper> <ShipTo> <Address> <City></City> <StateProvinceCode>VA</StateProvinceCode> <CountryCode>US</CountryCode> <PostalCode>24590</PostalCode> <ResidentialAddressIndicator /> </Address> </ShipTo> <ShipFrom> <Address> <City>Charlottesville</City> <StateProvinceCode>VA</StateProvinceCode> <CountryCode>US</CountryCode> <PostalCode>22902</PostalCode> </Address> </ShipFrom> <Package> <PackagingType> <Code>02</Code> </PackagingType> <Dimensions> <UnitOfMeasurement> <Code>IN</Code> </UnitOfMeasurement> <Length>12</Length> <Width>12</Width> <Height>12</Height> </Dimensions> <PackageWeight> <UnitOfMeasurement> <Code>LBS</Code> </UnitOfMeasurement> <Weight>0.75</Weight> </PackageWeight> <PackageServiceOptions> <InsuredValue> <CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode> <MonetaryValue>5.99</MonetaryValue> </InsuredValue> </PackageServiceOptions> </Package> </Shipment></RatingServiceSelectionRequest>
2021-01-28 17:56:45 - UPS DATA RECV: <?xml version="1.0"?>
<RatingServiceSelectionResponse><Response><TransactionReference><CustomerContext>Bare Bones Rate Request</CustomerContext><XpciVersion>1.0001</XpciVersion></TransactionReference><ResponseStatusCode>1</ResponseStatusCode><ResponseStatusDescription>Success</ResponseStatusDescription></Response><RatedShipment><Service><Code>12</Code></Service><RatedShipmentWarning>Your invoice may vary from the displayed reference rates</RatedShipmentWarning><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>13.0</Weight></BillingWeight><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>37.14</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>37.14</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><GuaranteedDaysToDelivery>3</GuaranteedDaysToDelivery><ScheduledDeliveryTime/><RatedPackage><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>37.14</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>37.14</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><Weight>0.8</Weight><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>13.0</Weight></BillingWeight></RatedPackage></RatedShipment><RatedShipment><Service><Code>14</Code></Service><RatedShipmentWarning>Your invoice may vary from the displayed reference rates</RatedShipmentWarning><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>13.0</Weight></BillingWeight><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>101.61</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>101.61</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><GuaranteedDaysToDelivery>1</GuaranteedDaysToDelivery><ScheduledDeliveryTime>2:00 P.M.</ScheduledDeliveryTime><RatedPackage><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>101.61</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>101.61</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><Weight>0.8</Weight><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>13.0</Weight></BillingWeight></RatedPackage></RatedShipment><RatedShipment><Service><Code>03</Code></Service><RatedShipmentWarning>Your invoice may vary from the displayed reference rates</RatedShipmentWarning><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>13.0</Weight></BillingWeight><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>24.76</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>24.76</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><GuaranteedDaysToDelivery/><ScheduledDeliveryTime/><RatedPackage><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>24.76</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>24.76</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><Weight>0.8</Weight><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>13.0</Weight></BillingWeight></RatedPackage></RatedShipment><RatedShipment><Service><Code>01</Code></Service><RatedShipmentWarning>Your invoice may vary from the displayed reference rates</RatedShipmentWarning><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>13.0</Weight></BillingWeight><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>70.03</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>70.03</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><GuaranteedDaysToDelivery>1</GuaranteedDaysToDelivery><ScheduledDeliveryTime/><RatedPackage><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>70.03</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>70.03</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><Weight>0.8</Weight><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>13.0</Weight></BillingWeight></RatedPackage></RatedShipment><RatedShipment><Service><Code>02</Code></Service><RatedShipmentWarning>Your invoice may vary from the displayed reference rates</RatedShipmentWarning><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>13.0</Weight></BillingWeight><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>46.27</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>46.27</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><GuaranteedDaysToDelivery>2</GuaranteedDaysToDelivery><ScheduledDeliveryTime/><RatedPackage><TransportationCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>46.27</MonetaryValue></TransportationCharges><ServiceOptionsCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>46.27</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><Weight>0.8</Weight><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>13.0</Weight></BillingWeight></RatedPackage></RatedShipment></RatingServiceSelectionResponse>

Post by Angellescott » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:27 am

I am having same issue with UPS. I hope someone from the community help us :(

Post by JNeuhoff » Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:19 pm

Guys, this is an OpenCart forum. Journal3 framework users should get in touch with the Journal support.

Or, in an attempt to narrow it down, temporarily use a standard-compliant web theme and then try again with the UPS extension.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by RobertBOB » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:39 am

I have the same problem but somebody fixed me that. Finally you must visit Journal Support.
tonfilm
Last edited by RobertBOB on Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Location - USA

Post by AM786 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:55 am

Johnathan wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:49 pm
OpenCart uses an old UPS URL that was recently (mostly) deactivated --- it will still work occasionally, but usually it just returns an empty response. This has happened to a bunch of people in the last 2 weeks, so it is almost definitely your issue.

You can fix it with the following edit:

Code: Select all

IN:
/catalog/model/shipping/ups.php
or
/catalog/model/extension/shipping/ups.php

REPLACE:
$url = 'https://www.ups.com/ups.app/xml/Rate';

WITH:
$url = 'https://onlinetools.ups.com/ups.app/xml/Rate';