Post by johnmarcy » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:44 am

Is there any way to add payment processing to the admin order entry? We need the ability to add orders and charge customer credit cards. I have been doing a lot of searching and the only hits I found were from several years ago saying "just login as the customer on the front end." That is not the solution we need, as it requires us to keep track of customer passwords and hope they don't change them if/when they login to see their account.

OpenCart 3.0.3.6

Post by thekrotek » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:50 am

johnmarcy wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:44 am
I have been doing a lot of searching and the only hits I found were from several years ago saying "just login as the customer on the front end." That is not the solution we need
But this is the only solution you will have, sorry.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by JNeuhoff » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:33 am

johnmarcy wrote:
That is not the solution we need, as it requires us to keep track of customer passwords and hope they don't change them if/when they login to see their account.
No, there is no need to keep track of customer login passwords, because you can login from the admin backend.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by mikeinterserv » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:52 am

You can do it in the backend
Go to Customers>ACTION pencil arrow there will be a popup if you click the arrow - > Select a customer > select the arrow by pencil >select login to store.
You are now logged in AS the CUSTOMER - that's how the store owners I know use it.

Location - Wales

Post by paulfeakins » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:47 pm

johnmarcy wrote:
it requires us to keep track of customer passwords
As others have said, no you don't:
https://www.antropy.co.uk/blog/how-the- ... -customer/

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by johnmarcy » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:27 pm

Thank you, everyone. I had been banging my head against the desk trying to figure this out.