Post by mxmark » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:23 am

Just looking for some advice here really.

I'll be creating a brand new OC site in the near future.
I'm planning on using the latest 3.0.3.6 OC platform and would like to know what themes you are all using?

I've been advised to make sure I use a standard-compliant web theme, but due to my lack of coding knowledge :laugh: , how do I know if it is?
I've also learned over recent times to stay well clear of the Journal theme (which I intend to do from now on) but I will want my new site to look good and be responsive.

Just curious if any of you have used or recommend the OC themes from https://www.smartaddons.com/? Because they seem to have a number of nice looking themes available for opencart.

I asked the support staff at smartaddons if their themes are standard-compliant web themes and they said yes, but due to my lack of knowledge, do you think I'll be good to go with one of their themes and still get help from this forum should the need arise?

Regards,
Mark

Location - Greater Manchester, UK

Post by straightlight » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:53 am

mxmark wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:23 am
Just looking for some advice here really.

I'll be creating a brand new OC site in the near future.
I'm planning on using the latest 3.0.3.6 OC platform and would like to know what themes you are all using?

I've been advised to make sure I use a standard-compliant web theme, but due to my lack of coding knowledge :laugh: , how do I know if it is?
I've also learned over recent times to stay well clear of the Journal theme (which I intend to do from now on) but I will want my new site to look good and be responsive.

Just curious if any of you have used or recommend the OC themes from https://www.smartaddons.com/? Because they seem to have a number of nice looking themes available for opencart.

I asked the support staff at smartaddons if their themes are standard-compliant web themes and they said yes, but due to my lack of knowledge, do you think I'll be good to go with one of their themes and still get help from this forum should the need arise?

Regards,
Mark
Where the need would need to maintain its arises would be from the original source of location where 3rd party web themes have been originally purchased and / or downloaded from. However, if the web theme developers do not respond to incident requests, once the web theme being purchased, you can always create a new service request in the Commercial Support section of the forum to gather professional assistance as a custom job.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:11 am

The OC themes from smartaddons don't appear to have demo for their themes, so it's hard to say how good they are, or whether they are standard-compliant.
Ask them for some demo-links!

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by mxmark » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:26 am

JNeuhoff wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:11 am
The OC themes from smartaddons don't appear to have demo for their themes, so it's hard to say how good they are, or whether they are standard-compliant.
Ask them for some demo-links!
Hey JNeuhoff,

All their OC themes are here: https://www.smartaddons.com/opencart-themes then you simply choose the theme, click on the link and you'll see a demo button with all the theme information below it.

Post by mikeinterserv » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:34 am

If you buy templates like that you can expect the problems that come with them which are NOT supported HERE.
Get a developer to help you develop the standard theme, a lot can be done with just the css for example

Location - Wales

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:44 am

Sorry, but the smartaddons demo links always redirect to https://only3.club/ , not to an actual theme demo!
I think you are better off staying away from them!

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by mxmark » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:46 am

mikeinterserv wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:34 am
If you buy templates like that you can expect the problems that come with them which are NOT supported HERE.
Get a developer to help you develop the standard theme, a lot can be done with just the css for example
Thanks for your input mikeinterserv, but as I said in my op, I don't do code and wouldn't have a clue where to begin, plus I can only assume that a developer creating a theme from scratch as a one off would want to charge hundreds$$$ if not more for the privilege.

Post by mxmark » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:49 am

JNeuhoff wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:44 am
Sorry, but the smartaddons demo links always redirect to https://only3.club/ , not to an actual theme demo!
I think you are better off staying away from them!
Not sure why you're being redirected to that site, I've just double checked the link I posted before and it's working fine ???

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:51 am

BTW.: Stay away from smartaddons, I just remember they have a history of selling stolen OpenCart extensions!

Guru Member

Post by mikeinterserv » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:53 am

Well I appreciate what you are saying its difficult.
BUT MOST themes bring problems all of their own.
IF there was a KNOWN fantastic theme that made everybody happy you would hereabout it and people would post the links here.
That generally does NOT HAPPEN :-) ALL the good themes will cost a fair bit anyway, especially if they have good proper support.

I can also see the demos on smartaddons - I am NOT impressed -

Location - Wales

Post by mxmark » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:59 am

JNeuhoff wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:51 am
BTW.: Stay away from smartaddons, I just remember they have a history of selling stolen OpenCart extensions!
Oh wow, thanks for the heads up...Looks like I need to begin looking elsewhere :o

Post by mxmark » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:04 am

mikeinterserv wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:53 am
Well I appreciate what you are saying its difficult.
BUT MOST themes bring problems all of their own.
IF there was a KNOWN fantastic theme that made everybody happy you would hereabout it and people would post the links here.
That generally does NOT HAPPEN :-) ALL the good themes will cost a fair bit anyway, especially if they have good proper support.

I can also see the demos on smartaddons - I am NOT impressed -
I don't mind spending for a decent theme, but I'm not looking to spend hundreds/thousands to have my own created.
If you see my previous post, it looks like I'll be looking elsewhere to find that all singing all dancing theme anyway due to what JNeuhoff has said.

Post by mikeinterserv » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:19 am

if mx is for motocross you may know RR
They run OC with the standard theme - Sales etc are HIGHER than with a custom theme on another site even though it looks more FANCY.
Just thought I'd mention it

Location - Wales

Post by mxmark » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:48 am

mikeinterserv wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:19 am
if mx is for motocross you may know RR
They run OC with the standard theme - Sales etc are HIGHER than with a custom theme on another site even though it looks more FANCY.
Just thought I'd mention it
Yeah it does stand for motocross lol! (very observant of you) I don't know RR though. Do you have a link for both the sites you mention?

Guru Member

Post by DigitCart » Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:28 am

JNeuhoff wrote:

I think it was:
smartaddons.net
And this is:
smartaddons.com

My Extensions

Post by mikeinterserv » Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:29 am

JNeuhoff wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:11 am
Here are some very standard-compliant web themes:
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... er=antropy
Good link ^^ from JNeuoff
I can confirm the ANTROPY theme IS GOOD and you will get GREAT SUPPORT if that suits what your looking for :-)

Location - Wales

Post by mxmark » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:56 am

JNeuhoff wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:11 am
Here are some very standard-compliant web themes:
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... er=antropy
Thanks for the link, but I was hoping for slightly more than just a choice of two.

Post by mxmark » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:57 am

DigitCart wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:28 am
JNeuhoff wrote:

I think it was:
smartaddons.net
And this is:
smartaddons.com
So are you saying that the .com are okay to deal with and their themes are okay?

Post by DigitCart » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:00 am

mxmark wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:57 am
DigitCart wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:28 am
JNeuhoff wrote:

I think it was:
smartaddons.net
And this is:
smartaddons.com
So are you saying that the .com are okay to deal with and their themes are okay?
No, I can not confirm or deny.
I just said they are two different addresses.

My Extensions