Post by khnaz35 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:23 pm

Hello everyone i am looking for an advice or perhaps extension which can do the following.

1. Auto currency change on based of IP/location change.
2. Currency should be the currency of the visitor's country, for ex, the website's currency is AUD and if visitors comes from US, it should be USD, but 1 AUD=1 USD. no exchange rate required.

Definitely i am not worried about the country with lower then mine product currency those country will be blocked.

OC 3.0.3.5 default theme.

Urgent Questions shoot here: khnaz35@gmail.com
Enjoy nature ;) :) :-*

Location - Malaysia

Expert Member

Location - România

Post by khnaz35 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:55 pm

xxvirusxx wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:43 pm
Like this?

https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=31946
I have seen this extension before posting here and leave comment also on the extension developer to answer.

My objective is
1 AUD = 1 USD or 1 AUD = 1 EURO

Location - Malaysia

Post by straightlight » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:31 pm

khnaz35 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:55 pm
xxvirusxx wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:43 pm
Like this?

https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=31946
I have seen this extension before posting here and leave comment also on the extension developer to answer.

My objective is
1 AUD = 1 USD or 1 AUD = 1 EURO
Not feasible. Which is why, especially with the auto-currency set to On (fortunately), service providers handling the exchange rates around the world already have divided ratios based on geographic areas. If Canada, United States and Mexico would be reunited altogether with their currency exchange rate by such calculations as the above, then the USD currency wouldn't be the first and prioritized currency as opposed to other countries which would create mass political issues as the ways to handle currency exchange financially.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by khnaz35 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:05 am

I will rephrase this way.
Let say that am selling my product in US for 50 USD and when i sell the same product into Malaysia it will become 200 Rm.

That's i don't need auto currency change
I would prefer the same product instead of 200 Rm for 50 Rm.

So what ever the country is the currency should be auto selected without any currency conversion.

Above was a reverse example .

Location - Malaysia

Post by xxvirusxx » Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:15 am

And you don't go bankrupt if you sell with same value (50 for example) but different currency symbol?

Upgrade Service | OC 2.3.0.2 PHP 8 | My Custom OC 3.0.3.8 | Buy me a beer

Expert Member

Location - România

Post by straightlight » Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:41 am

xxvirusxx wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:15 am
And you don't go bankrupt if you sell with same value (50 for example) but different currency symbol?
Not bankruptcy but either a declined transaction or a reviewed charge over store owners handled by their delivery providers based on physical / virtual products. Government issuers are already prepared for these types of balances since generations anyways.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by mikeinterserv » Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:45 am

If the extension allows you to enter currency rate, then you can make 1=1
If the extension uses currency exchange data from some place and you cannot manually override that, then that's that or maybe they would adapt it for you..
Payment processors will process whatever is in your total whatever the currency symbol it has no bearing on a transaction.
The problem is with your payment provider account which will be in your HOME currency. If you accept payment in USD they will automatically try to convert it to your HOME currency - you have no control over that.

Location - Wales

Post by straightlight » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:29 am

mikeinterserv wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:45 am
If the extension allows you to enter currency rate, then you can make 1=1
If the extension uses currency exchange data from some place and you cannot manually override that, then that's that or maybe they would adapt it for you..
Payment processors will process whatever is in your total whatever the currency symbol it has no bearing on a transaction.
The problem is with your payment provider account which will be in your HOME currency. If you accept payment in USD they will automatically try to convert it to your HOME currency - you have no control over that.
1=1 won't balance the currency exchange rate changes up to 5 times a day of everyday.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by mikeinterserv » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:53 am

1=1 will end up whatever the currency exchange rate is with your payment provider at time of purchase
So if 1 USD or 1 CND or 1 EUR is processed by the payment provider in his HOME currency of his account it will be

1USD = 0.254 RM
1CND= 0.765 RM
1 EUR = 0.190 RM

The numbers are purely for example
So he can have 1=1=1 on his website and the payment provider will accept and process 1 USD or 1 CND or 1 EUR
Its THEN that they convert to the account home currency.
Obviously the currencies have to be manually set and NOT use exhange rates and updates of exchange rates, They MUST be manually set to 1=1=1
OC does allow you to set currencies in this way if you want

Location - Wales

Post by straightlight » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:22 am

Yes, Opencart does allow to set currency exchange value manually. However, that does not provide guarantee on checking out an order since the currency exchange still has its variation throughout the day and the balance might be rejected if manually set on a constant value.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by mikeinterserv » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:27 am

straightlight wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:22 am
Yes, Opencart does allow to set currency exchange value manually. However, that does not provide guarantee on checking out an order since the currency exchange still has its variation throughout the day and the balance might be rejected if manually set on a constant value.
That is completely incorrect
If you are taking 1 USD 10 times a day all that happens is you may have a different amount for RM in your payment account
The payment processor will process whatever is in your total regardless with no problem I do not know where you are finding a problem

Location - Wales

Post by straightlight » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:00 am

mikeinterserv wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:27 am
straightlight wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:22 am
That is completely incorrect
If you are taking 1 USD 10 times a day all that happens is you may have a different amount for RM in your payment account
The payment processor will process whatever is in your total regardless with no problem I do not know where you are finding a problem
Payment service providers such as PayPal does calculate the total amount and does not process any types of amount if being miscalculated which does create the problem. However, this topic is not specifically about the total amount but rather about the currency exchange rate.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by mikeinterserv » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:11 am

khnaz35 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:23 pm
Hello everyone i am looking for an advice or perhaps extension which can do the following.

2. Currency should be the currency of the visitor's country, for ex, the website's currency is AUD and if visitors comes from US, it should be USD, but 1 AUD=1 USD. no exchange rate required.
Well i don't like to disagree with you because generally your not wrong, but he is asking about totals and to DISREGARD the exchange rate.
I will say this - its a very odd request anyway, in 20 odd years I never got asked for this :-)

Location - Wales

Post by straightlight » Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:34 am

mikeinterserv wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:11 am
khnaz35 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:23 pm

Well i don't like to disagree with you because generally your not wrong, but he is asking about totals and to DISREGARD the exchange rate.
I will say this - its a very odd request anyway, in 20 odd years I never got asked for this :-)
No worries. I did had those requests before on the forum and it's been the same mount of years for me. However, based on the quote you provided and what's been said on the first post, I don't see anything related with the total amount but rather a specific request with the currency exchange formula between different areas.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by khnaz35 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:04 am

xxvirusxx wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:15 am
No i will not because i will block those countries which currency is lower then mine XD

Location - Malaysia

Post by khnaz35 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:19 am

straightlight wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:34 am
I don't see anything related with the total amount but rather a specific request with the currency exchange formula between different areas.
I think my post is totally misunderstood as i mentioned above i am not looking for currency exchange formula or anything related to currency converter way.

Request was very simple:
Let say I allow access to only 3 country visitors on my website 1 AUS, US & MY rest of the world is blocked to visit my site
So now when my customer land from AUS they should see AUD
from US customer should see USD and so on.
It's like every country will have their currency for cart.
50 RM or 50 USD or 50 AUD

PROBLEM is OC chose one currency as default (which ever you select )and the rest everything is as optional so that is where currency exchange is happening.
Payment Providers or the political issue have nothing to do with it they will simply process the amount and take their fees. Payment provider issue can be solved by enabling more payment currency's in your account and can be transfer accordingly to the bank accounts.

Location - Malaysia

Post by straightlight » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:52 am

khnaz35 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:19 am
straightlight wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:34 am
I don't see anything related with the total amount but rather a specific request with the currency exchange formula between different areas.
I think my post is totally misunderstood as i mentioned above i am not looking for currency exchange formula or anything related to currency converter way.

Request was very simple:
Let say I allow access to only 3 country visitors on my website 1 AUS, US & MY rest of the world is blocked to visit my site
So now when my customer land from AUS they should see AUD
from US customer should see USD and so on.
It's like every country will have their currency for cart.
50 RM or 50 USD or 50 AUD

PROBLEM is OC chose one currency as default (which ever you select )and the rest everything is as optional so that is where currency exchange is happening.
Payment Providers or the political issue have nothing to do with it they will simply process the amount and take their fees. Payment provider issue can be solved by enabling more payment currency's in your account and can be transfer accordingly to the bank accounts.
I see. In this case, what happens when the AUS insisted to use the AUD currency value wants to checkout his items to a different location postal address, country, zone, and city? How will that currency exchange rate be adjusted accordingly as opposed to its default currency exchange propagated around the store?

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by mikeinterserv » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:12 am

khnaz35 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:19 am

You can turn off currency conversion and set currencies = 1 USD = 1 EUR = 1 GBP and so on NO currency CONVERSION takes place.
Last edited by mikeinterserv on Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Location - Wales

Post by khnaz35 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:14 am

straightlight wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:52 am
I see. In this case, what happens when the AUS insisted to use the AUD currency value wants to checkout his items to a different location postal address, country, zone, and city? How will that currency exchange rate be adjusted accordingly as opposed to its default currency exchange propagated around the store?
That's what i have mentioned above
PROBLEM is OC chose one currency as default (which ever you select )and the rest everything is as optional

Location - Malaysia