Post by straightlight » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:16 am

mikeinterserv wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:12 am
khnaz35 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:19 am

PROBLEM is OC chose one currency as default (which ever you select )and the rest everything is as optional so that is where currency exchange is happening.
Payment Providers or the political issue have nothing to do with it they will simply process the amount and take their fees. Payment provider issue can be solved by enabling more payment currency's in your account and can be transfer accordingly to the bank accounts.
You can turn off currency conversion and set currencies = 1 USD = 1 EUR = 1 GBP and so on NO currency CONVERSION takes place.
That still applies to knowing how will the payment / shipping service provider provide its guarantee to the customer if that enforced currency exchange from the store is not supported by its providers once filling the form during checkout. The OP user is looking to enforce the currency exchange option based on the customer's location and that still can create limitations based on the offered services a merchant could provide geographically with its service providers via their customers electronically.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by khnaz35 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:17 am

mikeinterserv wrote:
You can turn off currency conversion and set currencies = 1 USD = 1 EUR = 1 GBP and so on NO currency CONVERSION takes place.
But yet there need to be one currency as default

Attachments

Screenshot at Feb 08 11-17-05.png

Screenshot at Feb 08 11-17-05.png (52.3 KiB) Viewed 603 times

Urgent Questions shoot here: khnaz35@gmail.com
Enjoy nature ;) :) :-*

Location - Malaysia

Post by straightlight » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:18 am

khnaz35 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:17 am
mikeinterserv wrote:
Correct, which is why I provided my reply right above about it.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by mikeinterserv » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:20 am

khnaz35 wrote:
Of course - there has to be an initial currency available. They either select their currency or you use the extension to automatically assign their currency.
Default does not matter

Location - Wales

Post by khnaz35 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:22 am

straightlight wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:16 am
That still applies to knowing how will the payment / shipping service provider provide its guarantee to the customer if that enforced currency exchange from the store is not supported by its providers once filling the form during checkout. The OP user is looking to enforce the currency exchange option based on the customer's location and that still can create limitations based on the offered services a merchant could provide geographically with its service providers via their customers electronically.
First for the shipping can be use geo zone option to ship that country. Second it is not Currency EXCHANGE it is simple change of the currency. USD instead MYR or AUD instead of USD based on visitor location.

Location - Malaysia

Post by straightlight » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:23 am

mikeinterserv wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:20 am
khnaz35 wrote:
Of course - there has to be an initial currency available. They either select their currency or you use the extension to automatically assign their currency.
Default does not matter
My suggestion would, then, be to use the Restrict Payment Methods from Johnathan on the Marketplace. This way, regardless of the locations, payment service providers can be restricted geographically to where the customers are specifically located and where services may still be offered since customers also have the right to fill in a different location as opposed to his customer profile or what the store might insist to set the currency value into automatically as per PCI.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by straightlight » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:25 am

khnaz35 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:22 am
straightlight wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:16 am
First for the shipping can be use geo zone option to ship that country. Second it is not Currency EXCHANGE it is simple change of the currency. USD instead MYR or AUD instead of USD based on visitor location.
Exactly, this is what I am explaining as well. By considering that option, however, without using a payment restriction extension, you are still limiting your services whereas a service provider might still have the option to provide and that reduces your services towards your customers by doing that. Which is why, my post above suggests the use of the Restrict Payment Method extension. As an alternative, to only install extension services where only supported currency options might be available to you and to your customers.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by khnaz35 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:32 am

So i will sum up over all solution will be use:

1) Use extension for auto update currency on base of IP
2) Use extension to get ride of default currency
3) Use extension for restricted payment option.
4) Use Geo Zone for shipping

Location - Malaysia

Post by straightlight » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:38 am

khnaz35 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:32 am
So i will sum up over all solution will be use:

1) Use extension for auto update currency on base of IP
2) Use extension to get ride of default currency
3) Use extension for restricted payment option.
4) Use Geo Zone for shipping
1, 3, and 4 are of course valuable consideration for any stores. However, option 2 may be done without guarantee since, again, the entered billing / shipping information is reviewed electronically when the order is being confirmed during checkout which means, the payment service providers already completely disregards the default currency a store might have with the exception of merchant's account information where default currency options might be provided by their service specifically.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by khnaz35 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:42 am

Because if i don't get ride of default currency then the whole problem still exist there.
If I sell something for 10usd and someone visit from eu and it will load aprox 8 euro (that is it will show correct converted price based by currency rate)
Which i don't want
I want 10 usd to be as 10 Euro
or
10 Euro to be 10 USD

Location - Malaysia

Post by straightlight » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:45 am

khnaz35 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:42 am
Because if i don't get ride of default currency then the whole problem still exist there.
If I sell something for 10usd and someone visit from eu and it will load aprox 8 euro (that is it will show correct converted price based by currency rate)
Which i don't want
I want 10 usd to be as 10 Euro
or
10 Euro to be 10 USD
I understand where you're coming from as this request has been suggested before on the forum. The reality is that service providers don't adapt to store owners but the other way around; store owners needs to be opted with the service level management lists their service providers do provide as-a-service.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by khnaz35 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:50 am

straightlight wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:45 am
I understand where you're coming from as this request has been suggested before on the forum. The reality is that service providers don't adapt to store owners but the other way around; store owners needs to be opted with the service level management lists their service providers do provide as-a-service.
That's where the restricted payment method option extension will be helpful. End of the day its store owner who use their services to do business and in return give them fees percentages.

Location - Malaysia

Post by straightlight » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:55 am

khnaz35 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:50 am
straightlight wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:45 am
That's where the restricted payment method option extension will be helpful. End of the day its store owner who use their services to do business and in return give them fees percentages.
Correct. As suggested previously, it may not bring the exact solution as you want but will at least help you to focus on specific locations where your services will be provided and where the customers might be enforced to use throughout the store. However, take note that, while being the closest solution at this time, these restrictions do not include the availability management throughout the service levels where currency options can still be offered as opposed to the ones you may want or may have already restricted from the store and this can still create issues with your sales.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON