Post by Jale » Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:17 pm

I keep getting the familiar EHLO error when trying to setup SMTP with Opencart. Here's the stack trace:

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: Error: EHLO not accepted from server! ...
I have checked all the available topics on this subject here on the forums and have configured the settings as follows:
  • Engine: SMTP
  • SMTP host: ssl://smtp.zoho.eu
  • SMTP user name: my email address
  • SMTP password: my email password
  • SMTP port: 465
  • SMTP timeout: 25
The error persists.
I have decided to contact the mail provider Zoho and they are asking me what cipher I am using when authenticating SMTP. What the hell is a cipher?! I don't think they mean the encryption type, because I've asked. They told me to ask the application/web provider what cipher is used. Can someone help me out here?

Post by sw!tch » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:34 am

Jale wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:17 pm
  • Engine: SMTP
  • SMTP port: 465
What the hell is a cipher?
SSL is your Encryption protocol. For Zoho I believe you need your store email to also match that of your Zoho email account, also you may need an APP password setup.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Send a PM for Custom Work.
Backup and learn how to recover before you make any changes!

Post by ADD Creative » Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:31 am

Jale wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:17 pm
I have decided to contact the mail provider Zoho and they are asking me what cipher I am using when authenticating SMTP. What the hell is a cipher?! I don't think they mean the encryption type, because I've asked. They told me to ask the application/web provider what cipher is used. Can someone help me out here?
The cipher will depend it on the encryption protocol, which will depend on your PHP version. They possible mean to just ask what encryption protocol you are using, will depend on your PHP version. What PHP version are you using?

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by paulfeakins » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:24 pm

This has been asked and answered many times on the forum, please search before posting.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom