Post by Rob Pickers » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:47 pm

Good day all
I have an online opencart store that sell digital download products
I’m trying to use “PayPal Payments Standard” as a payment option.
Free products work as they should,
When it comes to items that have a cost everything seems fine when you go to check out, it goes to PayPal and monies are taken from the clients account and placed into mine, so far so good you would think. Problem is when you go to down load there is no record and no download.
I’m using Opencart 3.0.3.7

Any help in solving this problem would be much appreciated

Rob
???

Post by ADD Creative » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:04 pm

How have you configured your order statuses in the PayPal module and your OpenCart settings? Do you orders go to missing orders or do they receive the correct status?

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by Rob Pickers » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:16 pm

See screen shots attached

Attachments

PayPal 2.png

PayPal 2.png (39.84 KiB) Viewed 880 times

PayPal 1.png

PayPal 1.png (38.49 KiB) Viewed 880 times

Post by paulfeakins » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:51 pm

Well you shouldn't set everything to be Complete, but that's probably not the issue here.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by ADD Creative » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:29 am

Rob Pickers wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:16 pm
See screen shots attached
How have you configured your order statuses in the PayPal module and your OpenCart settings? Do you orders go to missing orders or do they receive the correct status?

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Post by Rob Pickers » Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:40 am

I have configured the status in the PayPal Module.
I'm sent thought to PayPal from the checkout, an error message Stating something went wrong flashes on the screen. The message flashes very quickly and then it gone. it does not say what is wrong, and the the return to merchant page appears.
the monies are taken off. I get an email to confirm this. The item does not appear in the down load section and there is no record of the sale in the sales report or any where else, it just seems to get lost.
All my products are digital and for down load, the free item work without a problem
I hope the above makes sense.

Rob

Post by ADD Creative » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:08 am

If you get an error message on the PayPal page, then you probably need to ask PayPal about this if you haven't already.

Do the order appear in missing orders? Sales -> Orders, then filter by Order Status -> Missing Orders.

If they do then check your IPN history in PayPal.
https://developer.paypal.com/docs/api-b ... perations/

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Post by CJC » Thu May 20, 2021 8:46 pm

Can I ask how you configure your free item? We have one free download item that we offer to registered users. So the price is set to zero. However, you can't check out via PayPal with that because they require an order total greater than zero.

Rob Pickers wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:40 am
I have configured the status in the PayPal Module.
I'm sent thought to PayPal from the checkout, an error message Stating something went wrong flashes on the screen. The message flashes very quickly and then it gone. it does not say what is wrong, and the the return to merchant page appears.
the monies are taken off. I get an email to confirm this. The item does not appear in the down load section and there is no record of the sale in the sales report or any where else, it just seems to get lost.
All my products are digital and for down load, the free item work without a problem
I hope the above makes sense.

Rob

CJC

Post by ADD Creative » Thu May 20, 2021 9:21 pm

CJC wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 8:46 pm
Can I ask how you configure your free item? We have one free download item that we offer to registered users. So the price is set to zero. However, you can't check out via PayPal with that because they require an order total greater than zero.
You would need to enable the Free Checkout payment module.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member