Post by dtprojects » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:32 pm

Again, thanks for your comments. I have moved the menu and will change some of the category images, mainly the charms, bracelets and some of the keyrings I suspect.

Location - United Kingdom

Post by dtprojects » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:04 am

??? Sorry, who are you and what are you referring to?

Post by butte » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:11 am

[Given what may happen in a few minutes, the post that at the moment is second above says, "I am completely self taught, never having taken any classes or other training. I have my college degree in Biology, although I have never worked in that field." That precipitated the now immediately prior, "Sorry, who are you and what are you referring to?", and the present post. That initial post, now 2nd above, presents an object lesson.]

We may never know. Somebody joined 0:21 before composing and posting that sole post in the user profile and apparently then departed while the same minute ticked. Challenged.

After a second look, I'd add very challenged, and spamming. In the user profile there's a URL for a funereal cart which doesn't particularly appear to be OC, and whose admin is under mybigcommerce and definitely doesn't appear to be OC. Next, the generated source code for the shop is not OC, and the generated source code for the admin log-in is not OC. Next, the template driven mybig[x] doesn't mention OC. And for an adequate grand finale, searching the the mybig[x] community forum for "opencart" returns "no results".

The individual evidently joined for the sole sake of figuring out where to drop a link for traffic purposes and then disappear, all having nothing whatsoever to do with OC save for availing himself of linkage from the OC forum. The offensive link is buried in the profile, it does not even appear in the post signature, but engines will see it anyway. Barbecue time.

Guru Member

Post by crunchor » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:49 pm

Look like your website has been very successful so far. So both of you have been a full time doing this right now?

Post by dtprojects » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:55 pm

Thanks, yes it is going OK but traffic is low. We feel we are doing everything right but I guess SEO is a waiting game.

Post by butte » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:25 pm

Yes, SEO takes time. However, you've tied its shoelaces together.

At the moment you have these:

<title>Fingerprint Jewellery | Fingerprint Bracelets | Fingerprint Charms | Footprint Jewellery | Handprint Cufflinks | Keepsake Jewellery | Personalised Pendants | Personalised Silver Keyrings | Baby Fingerprint Jewellery</title>

<meta name="description" content="Fingerprint Jewellery with Free UK Delivery; Capture Fingerprints, Handprints and Footprints onto Bracelets, Charms, Cufflinks, Keyrings, Necklaces, Pendants and Tie Tacks." />

<meta name="keywords" content="Fingerprint Jewellery" />

Those should be instead:

<title>Kate's Jewellery</title>

<meta name="description" content="Fingerprint Jewellery with Free UK Delivery; Capture Fingerprints, Handprints and Footprints onto Bracelets, Charms, Cufflinks, Keyrings, Necklaces, Pendants and Tie Tacks." />

<meta name="keywords" content="Fingerprint Jewellery, Fingerprint Bracelets, Fingerprint Charms, Footprint Jewellery, Handprint Cufflinks, Keepsake Jewellery, Personalised Pendants, Personalised Silver Keyrings, Baby Fingerprint Jewellery" />

The Title should fit in the browser tab and is your first opportunity to repeat your store name several times. The meta description spells out whatchado. The meta keywords actually are read by several leading engines.

It lacks enough contrast and the white on green across the top is not even readable.

Guru Member

Post by dtprojects » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:32 pm

Thanks for your feedback. The title tag is just an experiment at the moment, I do understand the conventional needs of title tags but we are just trying something.

Also thanks for the feedback on colours, we will reconsider.

Part of the problem SEO problem was down to bad links from our first seo guy who did some 'black-hat' stuff. We have changed our domain to www.katesjewellery.co.uk instead in the hope of dumping our bad links.

Post by digitalhelper » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:53 am

Hi there,

Just wanted to say. Wow what a great website, I would def by from your store. Simple, clean and well laid out.

Post by dtprojects » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:01 am

Thanks very much, we are very pleased with it.

Post by dmsims » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:00 pm

Ok - great effort - small things that I found annoying :)

If you have a product with several images - click on the zoom

Now what do you do if want to see the next image ? (click close, click next image, click zoom - repeat)

Would be much better if you have navigation on zoomed image

On the zoom inside image (cloudzoom) you cannot unzoom on touch device and zoom does not work properly on phone (HTC One S) - outside viewport
Screenshot_2014-04-19-11-54-53.png

Screenshot_2014-04-19-11-54-53.png (215.22 KiB) Viewed 10754 times

Fancybox is much improved for pictures

Post by aye » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:36 am

It's adorable.
I love its simplicity.
One thing though, you should definitely make the favicon background transparent.

Free hosting

aye

Post by dtprojects » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:38 am

Thank you, I will consider your suggestion about the favicon although I don't understand what the issue is?

Post by namanh1234 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:14 pm

Really love your design. Its very simple, but no less professional.

Post by dtprojects » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:21 pm

Thank you very much.

Post by nadi980 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:11 pm

So it is true the early bird gets the first worm!!! :lol: :lol: