Post by Bartr » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:02 pm

Hi,

I have search a lot but can't find a solution for this.
We have downloadable products in three languages (EN, FR & NL) as our website is in three laguages.

In the downloadable section you can add a downloadable product and give them a name in the three languages but not the files itself.
This is ok when you have images or so but not if the downloadable products (like PDF files with audio) is in different languages.

For example someone in France doesn't need the downloadable product in Dutch language or the otherway around.

Is there a way to have also the downloadable product itself per language?

Post by mikeinterserv » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:22 am

Bartr wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:02 pm
Hi,

I have search a lot but can't find a solution for this.
We have downloadable products in three languages (EN, FR & NL) as our website is in three laguages.

In the downloadable section you can add a downloadable product and give them a name in the three languages but not the files itself.
This is ok when you have images or so but not if the downloadable products (like PDF files with audio) is in different languages.

For example someone in France doesn't need the downloadable product in Dutch language or the otherway around.

Is there a way to have also the downloadable product itself per language?
Yes you make the PDF or whatever available in the language required it does not do it automatically for you.
So Dutch download you need to make Dutch PDF for French download you make a French PDF etc
You can put all 3 downloads so they can just choose language they want or some code to deliver just the correct PDF dependant on language selected.

Location - Wales

Post by Bartr » Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:51 pm

I understand that opencart doesn't do the translation, duh ;). That wouldn't be wise. But giving them access to all and let them choose from three different languages wouldn't be great either. If you sell manuals it doesn't matter, but in case of an e-book they would have access to all three language versions and that is not what is desirable. So your solution doesn't work. Best would be to upload for each language a different file...

Post by by mona » Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:16 pm

How about a dropdown option to select the language you want first? Presumably you do not have all books in all languages either, so should be a good solution.
Search the marketplace for chained select, related options, dependent options .

I am sure someone can custom write something to only show per selected language, but I would not say this is a good idea as someone in France, choosing to browse in French may want the book in English.

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by Bartr » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:39 pm

Hi Mona, thanks for your reply.
In fact I have all books in all three languages, they are my own books.

But maybe I can work with your solution, I will try it.
Thanks again.