Post by mazman » Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:35 am

I am running 3.0.3.8. My host is requiring a switch to PHP 8.1. From what I've read on the forum my current version will not play nice with the new PHP version and that my best option seems to be to update to 3.0.x.x. Maintenance.
I've downloaded the zip file and unzipped it. And from here I'm not really sure where to go. Are there explicit instructions somewhere here on the forum?
The instructions contained in the zip file are a little vague for me. for instance, where exactly would I upload these files and then how do I "activate" the update.
Thanks for your help.

Post by ADD Creative » Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:27 pm

A bit out of date and if you are already on 3.0.3.8 there should be no need toto the instal/upgrade script part for the maintenance changes, just upload the new files.
https://docs.opencart.com/upgrading/

Always backup your site files and database first.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by mazman » Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:35 pm

Please pardon my ignorance on this subject.
You say to "just upload the new files". Which files? All of them? Wouldn't that replace all my images, etc?
Also, you mention this is a "bit out of date". Since I am forced to do an update, do you have a better suggestion as to a different version? Thank you for your patience.

Post by IP_CAM » Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:09 pm

This one should meet your requirements without the need to change much:
https://github.com/mhcwebdesign/opencar ... aintenance

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by ADD Creative » Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:35 pm

mazman wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:35 pm
You say to "just upload the new files". Which files? All of them? Wouldn't that replace all my images, etc?
Also, you mention this is a "bit out of date". Since I am forced to do an update, do you have a better suggestion as to a different version? Thank you for your patience.
I ment the documentation was a bit out of date, in that it mentions old versions. It does however tell you the correct files to upload to your web server. 3.0.x.x_Maintenance is the best version to use with PHP 8.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by mazman » Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:39 am

ADD Creative wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:35 pm
mazman wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:35 pm
I ment the documentation was a bit out of date, in that it mentions old versions. It does however tell you the correct files to upload to your web server. 3.0.x.x_Maintenance is the best version to use with PHP 8.
OK, thanks. But in looking at all the folders it wants me to replace...wont that replace all of my images, settings, etc? For instance, it looks like it would replace the image/catalog folder which contains all of my product images.

Post by xxvirusxx » Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:42 am

You can upload all files/folders except install and image folders
If you have made changes in theme css file, you should do a back-up

If you want help, contact me on PM

Upgrade Service | OC 2.3.0.2 PHP 8 | My Custom OC 3.0.3.8 | Buy me a beer

Expert Member

Location - România