Post by info@jrvsystem.se » Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:59 pm

I have just installed an OC 3.0.3.8 and used the Design > theme edit function for editing the twig files. This seems to be a good way to edit the site as its easy to restore and so on.
But I don't seem to have access to the theme for the backend admin pages? I can see there is twig files for this on the server, but not in the edit function inside admin panel?

I would like to simplify the add new product page as there is TON of stuff we don't need for our products. So my plan is to just hide all those fields and have what we need in just one tab. This would be pretty easy to do with access to those twig files I presume

Post by paulfeakins » Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:45 pm

info@jrvsystem.se wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:59 pm
I have just installed an OC 3.0.3.8 and used the Design > theme edit function for editing the twig files. This seems to be a good way to edit the site as its easy to restore and so on.
It's actually a very very bad way to make changes for various reasons such as it would prevent all extensions working on that page etc.

info@jrvsystem.se wrote:
But I don't seem to have access to the theme for the backend admin pages? I can see there is twig files for this on the server, but not in the edit function inside admin panel?
You should look for the twig files and then use vQmod or OCMOD to adjust them.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by info@jrvsystem.se » Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:08 pm

paulfeakins wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:45 pm
info@jrvsystem.se wrote:
It's actually a very very bad way to make changes for various reasons such as it would prevent all extensions working on that page etc.

info@jrvsystem.se wrote:
You should look for the twig files and then use vQmod or OCMOD to adjust them.
Thank you for your input.
I have now removed my edits in admin panel design and learned how to use OCMOD insted.
It was a bit tricky to find a good software for editing .twig files. But I ended up finding an extension for sublime text that is working great.

Post by paulfeakins » Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:17 pm

info@jrvsystem.se wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:08 pm
Thank you for your input.
I have now removed my edits in admin panel design and learned how to use OCMOD insted.
It was a bit tricky to find a good software for editing .twig files. But I ended up finding an extension for sublime text that is working great.
Excellent news!

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom