Post by miketrotta@gmail.com » Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:05 am

I am a newby to opencart. I want the administrator/store owner to be able to update the ORDER_STATUS of the orders that are listed in the ORDERS_LIST A.K.A.
TEMPLATE/SALE/ORDER_LIST.TWIG
I modified the TWIG so that each order has a dropdown menu on the order status column.
Upon selection of the new order status, I would like to update the table and trigger an email or notification event.
Common sense tells me that there should be an OrderUpdate Function in the OrderModel...
Anybody care to tell me where I might find an OrderUpdate function. Cause I looked in all the common sense places and havent found anything.

Thank you to anybody who can point me in the general direction.

And I know I am not supposed to be modifying core content, but us newbies dont have much of a choice because the documentation and tutorials are severely lacking. I am working on V3.0.8.3

Post by IP_CAM » Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:52 pm

OC v.3.0.8.3 does not exist ... ???

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by pprmkr » Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:23 pm

Version 3.0.3.8 ?

Order history with catalog/controller/api/order.php, function history().
Login see admin/controller/sale/order.php, function getForm() starting on line 709: // API login

Location - Netherlands

Post by paulfeakins » Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:48 pm

miketrotta@gmail.com wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:05 am
Anybody care to tell me where I might find an OrderUpdate function.
Surely just look at the AJAX endpoint that updates orders and see what methods are being called?

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by hpwebdesign » Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:34 am

you can see what url is used and what data is sent by opening Developer Tools in google chrome (other browsers are almost similar), the url obtained will show which function is used

Attachments

2022-10-15_3.png

2022-10-15_3.png (105.07 KiB) Viewed 666 times

HP Web Design
http://hpwebdesign.io
Opencart Extension Development | OpenCart Professional Services | OpenCart Tutorials

Location - Yogyakarta