Post by Orbiter » Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:59 am

Hi!
I am making my first attempts with opencart and I got lost. I hope you can help me.

I am running Version 4.0.1.1, with standard theme, no extensions.

I would like my customers to be able to get an invoice that they need to pay via bank transfer.
A customer can now place an order, and get a email with the order ID (not the invoice ID).
I cant see that order in the mackend unless I filter for missing orders.
In the database order_status_id is 0 - which is strange since I put "pending" as default for that payemnet method.
When I change it to 1 I can see the order in the order screen.
But I cant confirm it. Opencart tells me: Warning! Shipping method required. And Warning Payment method required.
In that form, I can see both are set!
Same goes for the database, they are both set!
So - I tried to fault trace and I noticed several starnge things that are maybe connected?

- The logins for the admins (Systems->Users) are empty, no entries. (recent activity shows that a customer has placed an order)
- Frontend: the green badges do not disappear, they just stack up. So somehow I think they should disappear after some seconds?
- Forgot password does not work for admin accounts! It works for users! How can I activate that one?
So maybe I lack some javascript/execution file, some read write access? Help!

Regarding installation: I followed the manual and have the read write accesses as described in the documentation
Last edited by Orbiter on Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Orbiter » Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:01 am

I played a bit with the demo here and noticed, yes- the badges should go away and also: when placing a order there is actually a screen shown to the customer that the order is placed. I do not reach that state with my installation. What am I missing? Running on PHP 8.1 by the way...

Post by Cue4cheap » Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:27 pm

Are you trying out Opencart or trying to build it into a live store? If a live store use 3.0.3.8 maintenance branch. If trying out 4.x then know it is buggy but beyond that you need to ensure your payment method is making a "call back" to make it a complete order. What extension are you using for payment?

Mike

cue4cheap not cheap quality

Expert Member

Post by Orbiter » Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:16 pm

Hi,
I am trying to build a live store!
So the current version on the webpage is not stable?!
Callback?! How can a manual invoice payment make a callback? I am using the preinstalled payment methods- nothing from 3rd parties.
I just downloaded from this webpage, where it says download, installed as the manual told me and expected that it would work.. total noop mode I understand.

Post by Orbiter » Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:57 pm

Can please someone confirm or explain which version to use? It looks like 4.x is released and should at least work with vase functionallity? Starting a new shop on an already outdated version feels a bit odd to me.
But again- my install does not behave like the demo on this site. Something I did miss or one.com does not allow for it. I cant be the first experiencing it.

Post by by mona » Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:05 am

OC4 is not advised for a live site - use 3.0.3.8

https://www.google.com/search?q=opencar ... e&ie=UTF-8

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by Orbiter » Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:36 am

I see, thanks.
Just one more thing...
Is the 3.0.8 from this site the same thing as the 3.0.x.x Maintenance Branch?
Because of PHP 8 - as you linked above, it looks like it has been implemented on Github.
But there are no version numbers in Github?!

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:39 am

Use the 3.0.x.x_Maintenance branch, which is like 3.0.3.8, but has some bugfixes and added support for PHP 8.

OpenCart 4.0.1.1 still has too many bugs and IMHO isn't yet suitable for live sites.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by Orbiter » Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:25 am

Oh what a difference! It works! Thanks.