Post by Gilmore » Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:04 am

I recently had a database crash on my server that corrupted the backup. I lost around 2000 sales data from my cart. Fortunately I have a copy of the sales emails that has all of the data in them. Customer name, address, city, State, zip, phone, items they bought, etc...
Does anyone have or know of a way or a script that will extract the data from the emails, allow me to clean it and then import it back into my database and not alter the inventory count.
I just want to add the sales data, customer data back.

Ver. OC 3.0.3.2

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Last edited by Gilmore on Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks!

Gilmore

Post by straightlight » Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:08 am

OC version. These types of requests seem to be quite specific. I would suggest creating a new service request in the Commercial Support section of the forum to get this done as a custom job unless an extension would specifically provide such features.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by paulfeakins » Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:35 pm

Gilmore wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:04 am
I recently had a database crash on my server that corrupted the backup. I lost around 2000 sales data from my cart. Fortunately I have a copy of the sales emails that has all of the data in them. Customer name, address, city, State, zip, phone, items they bought, etc...
Does anyone have or know of a way or a script that will extract the data from the emails
As above it sounds very specific, so if you can't find an free solution here, you could pay a developer such as ourselves or post a job in the Commercial Support Forum.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by johnp » Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:00 pm

Gilmore wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:04 am
Does anyone have or know of a way or a script that will extract the data from the emails, allow me to clean it and then import it back into my database and not alter the inventory count.
I just want to add the sales data, customer data back.

Ver. OC 3.0.3.2

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
You could use something like G-Lock Email Processor but as Paul says; it may be better to post in the commercial forum.

Opencart 1.5.6.5/OC Bootstrap Pro/VQMOD lover, user and geek.
Affordable Service £££ - Opencart Installs, Fixing, Development and Upgrades
Plus Ecommerce, Marketing, Mailing List Management and More
FREE Guidance and Advice at https://www.ecommerce-help.co.uk

Location - Surrey, UK