Post by Zath » Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:02 am

Opencart + Accounting for GB inc MTD

Is there such a mod, extension etc. that would enable Opencart work as an accountancy package too ?
It would need to support payments and accounts for customers, supplier purchases and payments plus other usual accounting requirements including upload of VAT to HMRC (MTD)

Thanks

Opencart 3.0.3.7.

Location - West Sussex, England

Post by ADD Creative » Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:31 pm

You will find a few in the marketplace for connecting to QuickFile, Sage, Xero and QuickBooks, etc.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by paulfeakins » Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:51 pm

Zath wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:02 am
Is there such a mod, extension etc. that would enable Opencart work as an accountancy package too ?
You should not try to use OpenCart as an accountancy platform for MANY reasons.

We're based in the UK and use both GnuCash and Webzash for our accounts.

I wrote an MTD connector for it, with some code examples here: https://github.com/paulfeakins/hmrc-mtd-api-php

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by Zath » Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:19 pm

We currently use Quickbooks Desktop to do all our work.
Intuit, in their infinite wisdom, has decided to cease support and lock out users of the Desktop version from next July.
If they added desktop capabilities to the online platform then no problem. However, they're not and won't be. This makes the online version almost useless for anything more than basic requirements.

As we're creating our Opencart site, I thought it would be great to combine it all into one entity.

Thanks for the link Paul. I will have a look.

Opencart 3.0.3.7.

Location - West Sussex, England