Post by Joe1234 » Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:55 pm

I haven't been getting all the notifications of extension updates. I just so happened to look in my purchase history and I noticed 4 extensions updated, but I only got notice from one of the extensions. Is this something the developer chooses to send out notifications, or is this something that is supposed to happen automatically? Yes, I have notify turned on.

v3.0.3.9 php 8.1
I'm here for a reason, if your response is contact a/the developer, just don't reply.

Post by straightlight » Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:29 am

If the functionality on the Marketplace hasn't changed, extension developers do have the option to, either, notify their users who purchased the extensions for each published extensions.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Joe1234 » Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:17 pm

This makes no sense. If OC gives me the option to receive notifications I EXPECT to always receive notifications....not for it to be up to whoever published it. What if the developer is lax, lazy, forgetful, unaware, or whatever. And especially if the update is needed due to a security issue and I don't get a notification. This should be automatic if I set my account to receive notifications. Am I really expected to constantly come back and go through all of my extensions every month or so just to see maybe if something was updated and I didn't get a notification. And with that said, I should get a notification for the free downloads as well. Poorly thought out policy.

v3.0.3.9 php 8.1
I'm here for a reason, if your response is contact a/the developer, just don't reply.

Post by straightlight » Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:19 pm

Joe1234 wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:17 pm
This makes no sense. If OC gives me the option to receive notifications I EXPECT to always receive notifications....not for it to be up to whoever published it. What if the developer is lax, lazy, forgetful, unaware, or whatever. And especially if the update is needed due to a security issue and I don't get a notification. This should be automatic if I set my account to receive notifications. Am I really expected to constantly come back and go through all of my extensions every month or so just to see maybe if something was updated and I didn't get a notification. And with that said, I should get a notification for the free downloads as well. Poorly thought out policy.
Not to worry on that one. There are no needs for statistics in regard to know between developers or the users who's the most forgetful when creating their topics. The same then goes on the Marketplace.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON