Post by katalin » Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:38 am

Is there any extension compatible with Journal3 that can do something like in the screenshot posted? I need to be able to have 2 or more menus Woman / Men / Kids… and under each menu to have their respective categories.

Attachments

666C20B8-B218-4A0F-91BC-13ECC524EA6D.jpeg

666C20B8-B218-4A0F-91BC-13ECC524EA6D.jpeg (339.63 KiB) Viewed 714 times

Post by JNeuhoff » Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:11 am

There are OpenCart extensions for this, for standard-compliant OpenCart themes, but you are using the Journal3 framework which isn't standard-compliant. Hence, you either have to ask extension authors to adjust it to the Journal3 framework, if they haven't done it yet.

Or use a proper web theme. Or you can post on the commercial support section of this forum, to have one of the categories extensions from the marketplace adjusted to the Journal3 framework as a paid job.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by katalin » Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:19 pm

JNeuhoff wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:11 am
There are OpenCart extensions for this, for standard-compliant OpenCart themes, but you are using the Journal3 framework which isn't standard-compliant. Hence, you either have to ask extension authors to adjust it to the Journal3 framework, if they haven't done it yet.

Or use a proper web theme. Or you can post on the commercial support section of this forum, to have one of the categories extensions from the marketplace adjusted to the Journal3 framework as a paid job.
Can you suggest a few of those extensions?

Post by katalin » Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:45 am

katalin wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:19 pm
JNeuhoff wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:11 am

Can you suggest a few of those extensions?
I am not sure on how to search for such feature. Can anyone help?

Post by JNeuhoff » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:05 am

Search for 'accordion menu' on the OpenCart marketplace.

As I said, they were written for OpenCart, not the Journal3 framework, so you'd probably still need someone to do some customization job done to it. Or use OpenCart.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by katalin » Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:41 pm

JNeuhoff wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:05 am
Search for 'accordion menu' on the OpenCart marketplace.

As I said, they were written for OpenCart, not the Journal3 framework, so you'd probably still need someone to do some customization job done to it. Or use OpenCart.
I didnt find any module that does what I asked for

Post by by mona » Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:16 pm

I have not seen anything in the marketplace that uses tabs and accordion - as JNeuhoff suggested you have to search the marketplace - google search sometimes provides better results “opencart extensions menu with tabs and accordion” but if you can not find anything similar that the developer might be able to alter for you, you can create a new service request here => viewforum.php?f=88 and many developers will offer their services.

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member