Post by harap » Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:13 pm

Hello,

I'm running OC v4.0.1.1 and PHP8.19 on a staging site. I already set the config and admin/config files with 777 permissions.
How come the system Store settings doesn't save my input setting? I saved the settings but all gone after leaving the page.

Please help. Thanks in advance!

Location - United States

Post by TMD Extension @ » Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:29 pm

It's not much clear from your message your exact issue
When you are facing it and what type of information you are trying to save

Kindly share some more briefs so that we can assist you

Thanks & Regards
Sehaj Kaur
TMD Extensions
Contact Us For Customisations

Post by harap » Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:17 am

I try to input Store name, address...Mail setting such as SMTP, Username, Password...Local setting such as Country, Region/State, Length class, Weight class...
I can't save them. When you leave that page and come back to see it, all settings are gone.

Location - United States

Post by TMD Extension @ » Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:32 pm

Here are a few things you can do
1. System-> Settings-> Tab Server . Delete the bots - robots list entry if any. Try to save. Many times it causes the issue.
2. admin/config.php file check that all the URLs are correctly pointed
3. disable the module you have recently installed. then clear the modification. then try to save the setting.
4. check the error log, if the error log is enabled all the errors will display in it. If the error log is disabled, try to enable it and then try to save the setting. it will print the error.
5. Try contacting the hosting, and ask them about the "mod-security" it prevents SQL inject/ and Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) and other things to secure the site.

you must try these options. And let me know if it works or not

Thanks & Regards
Sehaj Kaur
TMD Extensions

Post by harap » Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:58 am

Error.log showing these:

2023-01-17 17:50:53 - PHP Warning: mysqli::__construct(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo for mysql.SorryHided.com failed: Name or service not known in /home/SorryHided/SorryHideders.com/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 12
2023-01-17 17:51:57 - PHP Warning: mysqli::__construct(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo for mysql.SorryHided.com failed: Name or service not known in /home/SorryHided/SorryHideders.com/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 12
2023-01-17 17:52:51 - PHP Warning: mysqli::__construct(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo for mysql.SorryHided.com failed: Name or service not known in /home/SorryHided/SorryHideders.com/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 12
2023-01-17 17:54:01 - PHP Warning: mysqli::__construct(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo for SorryHided.com failed: Name or service not known in /home/SorryHided/SorryHideders.com/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 12

This looks like I have to contact server provider.

Location - United States

Post by JNeuhoff » Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:00 pm

Indeed, contact your webhost.

Also please be aware that OpenCart 4.0.1.1 isn't yet suitable for a live website, it still has too many bugs.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by harap » Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:10 am

After contacting webhost the problem resolved. They did not explain anything, just suddenly works now.
Thank you all.

*I like OpenCart. It is lightning fast, compare to Wordpress/WooC.

Location - United States

Post by harap » Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:50 am

Hello TMD Extension @

I installed the latest OC v4.0.2.3 and happened the same issue.
"Delete the bots - robots list entry if any. " solved the problem.
Thank you!

Location - United States

Post by TMD Extension @ » Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:07 pm

Glad to know it works for you.

sometimes, the bot name or code is counted as virus code which triggers the web host's anti-virus system, and the website gets blocked. It is usual in OpenCart, many websites are affected due to this kind of error. In the end, it is the WEB HOST who can fix it.

Thanks & Regards
Sehaj Kaur
TMD Extensions