Post by katalin » Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:49 pm

Is there any extension that restricts buying vouchers to only credit card payment and not COD? Also I would like to not be possible to add other products to cart when you have vouchers in cart. Please help!

Post by Johnathan » Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:43 pm

Ultimate Restrictions can do this. You can restrict payment methods based on various rules, including checking whether a gift voucher is in the cart. You'd set it up like this:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RESTRICTION #1
Name: Enable COD when no gift vouchers are in the cart
Restriction Type: Payment Methods
Payment Methods: COD
Rule: Gift Voucher being purchased = 0-0

If there was a gift voucher being purchased for 0.01 or more, then it would disable COD. You can do a similar thing with a Checkout restriction if you don't want it to be possible to check out with other products. This wouldn't stop the customer from adding items to their cart, but it *would* stop them from checking out.

To do that, you'd put all your categories or manufacturers into a Product Group in the extension, and then use a restriction like this:

RESTRICTION #2
Name: Disable checkout when gift vouchers are purchased with restricted products
Restriction Type: Checkout
Message: Sorry, you cannot purchase products with a gift voucher.
Rule: Gift Voucher being purchased = 0.01-9999
Rule: Product Group: Cart has items from "any" members of "All Products"

Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any questions.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by katalin » Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:38 pm

Wow, great module but a bit too expensive for me. Can it be done using one of these modules?
https://www.opencartx.com/restrict-checkout
https://www.opencartx.com/restrict-shipping-methods
https://www.opencartx.com/restrict-payment-methods

I want to user to be able to purchase vouchers and only checkout using credit card, if a voucher is in cart, COD should not be available.

Post by Johnathan » Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:34 pm

Unfortunately no, only Ultimate Restriction has a "Gift Voucher" rule. Also, with the two types of restrictions you'd want, you'd have to get both Restrict Payment Methods and Restrict Checkout, so it wouldn't be much cheaper.

However, you may be able to find someone who could custom-code something for you. That may be less expensive than my extension, since they'd just have to add a few lines in the checkout, and in the payment method extension. If you need to find a developer, you can post a request in the OpenCart "Commercial Support" forum, which is checked by a number of OpenCart developers. You can also try checking out the OpenCart "Partners" area.

Administrator

Post by katalin » Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:05 am

Johnathan wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:34 pm
Unfortunately no, only Ultimate Restriction has a "Gift Voucher" rule. Also, with the two types of restrictions you'd want, you'd have to get both Restrict Payment Methods and Restrict Checkout, so it wouldn't be much cheaper.

However, you may be able to find someone who could custom-code something for you. That may be less expensive than my extension, since they'd just have to add a few lines in the checkout, and in the payment method extension. If you need to find a developer, you can post a request in the OpenCart "Commercial Support" forum, which is checked by a number of OpenCart developers. You can also try checking out the OpenCart "Partners" area.
Admin demo for your extensions is not working. I would like to test the demo before I buy. Thanks!

Post by Johnathan » Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:19 pm

Can you please contact me at the following page with some info on how it's not working?

https://www.getclearthinking.com/contact

I just tested the admin demo for Ultimate Restrictions and it worked fine for me, but I recently updated my demo store so there may be an issue there. I should be able to get it fixed as soon as I know what's going on.

Thanks

Administrator

Post by katalin » Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:47 pm

Johnathan wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:19 pm
Can you please contact me at the following page with some info on how it's not working?

https://www.getclearthinking.com/contact

I just tested the admin demo for Ultimate Restrictions and it worked fine for me, but I recently updated my demo store so there may be an issue there. I should be able to get it fixed as soon as I know what's going on.

Thanks
It works fine now. Thanks!

Post by katalin » Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:21 am

With this extension can I disable Voucher and Coupon when purchasing a gift voucher?

Post by Johnathan » Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:52 pm

Do you mean *using* a gift voucher or coupon when purchasing a gift voucher? Yes, you can use Ultimate Restrictions to do that, although you can only disable the Voucher/Coupon discount line item on the order --- you can't actually stop it from being "used". Customers will see the success message, but their discount won't show up on the order.

However, if you purchase the extension and want to do that, I could give you the edits you'd need to stop the voucher/coupon from being used. I don't think it would be too hard to work out, so I can do that as part of the extension support if you end up needing that feature. Just contact me here after purchase:

www.getclearthinking.com/contact

Administrator