Post by scottyboyyy » Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:14 pm

Hello!

I have a question about additional languages and them being essential values when adding categories or products.

My Opencart has two stores a Spanish and an English language store each selling different items. I have removed the change language. So it is different to Opencart's original language change on each store, mine changes between stores.

The language feature works great for the core pages but when adding a new product it now needs to be added in both English and Spanish which I imagine is doubling the size of the database.

I want to give values to for example a Spanish product in just Spanish language and leave English blank, but currently it needs meta_title and name for both. Is this easy to change by removing it in places in the model for getting, adding, etc or would this cause many issues? Any alternative ways of me doing this?

Thank you!

Post by purpletreesoft » Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:48 am

Yes, it's possible to change the way new products are added in Opencart to only require a Spanish description and leave English fields blank. You'll need to modify the model code that handles product addition to allow this. However, this could cause issues in your database structure and might lead to unexpected behavior in the future. An alternative solution would be to use a default English description for products that don't have an English description, and only use the Spanish description for products that are only available in Spanish. This way, you can maintain a consistent database structure and minimize potential issues.

Purpletree Software LLP
New features launched for Multivendor Marketplace Extension