Post by Shezza » Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:30 am

I'm still an OC newbie. We've had a successful sale in the shop (plus plenty of testing before going live) so we're reasonably confident things are set up correctly.

But one customer has complained that they get as far as ticking the T&Cs acceptance box and then nothing further happens - no payment gateway appears. We're using Square as the only payment option. No errors have appeared either in the OC logs or the Square logs. Any ideas what might cause that to happen?
Their order isn't showing up in the list of "missing orders".

I'm very conscious that customers and their computers / browsers / configurations / plugins etc present a huge range of variables. Anything I can suggest to them to try?

OC 3.0.3.8

Post by purpletreesoft » Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:43 am

• Check the Payment Module Settings: Ensure that the payment gateway you are trying to use is enabled and properly configured in the payment module settings.
  • Disable Third-Party Modules: Disable any third-party extensions or modules that may be conflicting with the payment gateway.
  • Check for Updates: Check for updates for your OpenCart installation and any third-party modules you have installed.
  • Check for Conflicts with Theme: Check if the theme you are using is compatible with your version of OpenCart and the payment gateway you are trying to use.
  • Try changing the theme temporarily to a default OpenCart theme to see if that fixes the issue.
  • Check Log Files: Check the logs in your OpenCart admin panel to see if any errors are being logged. You can also check the error logs in your server to see if there are any related errors.
If none of the above method help, then please hire a developer/agency or contact us to resolve the issue.

Purpletree Software LLP
New features launched for Multivendor Marketplace Extension

Post by Majnoon » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:07 am

Shezza wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:30 am
But one customer has complained that they get as far as ticking the T&Cs acceptance box and then nothing further happens - no payment gateway appears.
Is there any minimum amount set for the order?
Shezza wrote:
We're using Square as the only payment option. No errors have appeared either in the OC logs or the Square logs. Any ideas what might cause that to happen?
Is it a hosted gateway payment option? Maybe share your website url here so people can help
Shezza wrote:
Their order isn't showing up in the list of "missing orders".
This is a bit strange because when someone proceeding to checkout the order should be created. Can you check if the order is under fail order.

Is there any fraud ip deductions extension installed?

Post by Shezza » Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:24 pm

purpletreesoft wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:43 am
If none of the above method help, then please hire a developer/agency or contact us to resolve the issue.
Thanks for the points you've mentioned. But it's only this one customer who has an issue - seems fine for everyone else and we can't recreate it so it seems all settings are correct.

Post by Shezza » Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:29 pm

Majnoon wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:07 am
Is there any minimum amount set for the order?
No.
Majnoon wrote:
Is it a hosted gateway payment option?
I'm not entirely sure that that means. It's Square - I presume it's an embedded iframe or similar that should appear.
Majnoon wrote:
This is a bit strange because when someone proceeding to checkout the order should be created. Can you check if the order is under fail order.
Yes that's what I thought too. There's nothing under failed orders.
Majnoon wrote:
Is there any fraud ip deductions extension installed?
No, but I noticed a "safe" setting in his user account which disables fraud detection for that customer's orders so I ticked that.

As it happens, he succeeded in ordering from a different device so I can only assume it was something browser related on whatever he was originally using. Frustrating that it didn't show up in any logs though.

Post by ADD Creative » Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:26 pm

Shezza wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:29 pm
As it happens, he succeeded in ordering from a different device so I can only assume it was something browser related on whatever he was originally using. Frustrating that it didn't show up in any logs though.
If it was a problem with the customers web browser then you would be unlikely to see anything in the logs. Could of been something simple such as a false positive for an ad block or anti malware the customer was using.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by paulfeakins » Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:52 pm

Shezza wrote:
But one customer has complained that they get as far as ticking the T&Cs acceptance box and then nothing further happens - no payment gateway appears.
You need to find out how to replicate it. If you can't replicate it, it's very hard indeed to fix it, or to know it's fixed.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by Majnoon » Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:53 am

Shezza wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:29 pm
he succeeded in ordering from a different device.
The one idea could be that you may ask your customer which browser/device were used on the time of incident and try to replicate the issue . As other users mentioned there could be many reasons for this to happened.