Post by kiriup » Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:31 am

Hello

I would like to use a more privacy focused analytic like Matomo with my opencart (3.0.2.0) site but the recommended (by matomo) OC extension doesn't exist anymore and i cant find any other relevant extensions.

I can setup/self host matomo in Cpanel but i don't know how to integrate it in my opencart without the help of an extension. I need some help with implementing it manually if such a thing is even possible for an amateur like me.

According to Matomo they will "issue you with a JavaScript tag. This code must appear on every page that you want Matomo to analyze. We recommend that you paste this code immediately before your closing </head> tag (or in a general header file that is included at the top of all your pages)."
I am new to website building and i am learning as i go so i don't really understand exactly what the above means. Which files do i have to edit to add the JavaScript tag? Is it all the header.php that i can find under public_html files or is it something more complicated? Also do i need to do anything else in opencart after adding the JavaScript tag?

Post by ADD Creative » Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:40 am

Use the built in Google Analytics extension, but paste the Matomo code there and not the Google code.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by kiriup » Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:16 am

OK wow i didn't expect to find a simple solution so i never even considered this. Thank you for the info, i will test it and i will report back here by tomorrow with the results.

Post by kiriup » Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:56 am

OK i can confirm that this works! For some reason it took about an hour to show any statistics after i enabled it but after that it works perfectly. Thank you again for the help!

Post by paulfeakins » Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:11 pm

We use Matomo on our main site www.antropy.co.uk and it's so much easier to see the info you want than Google Analytics.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom